Annoying Motorbike Drivers

male

I like to walk. Every day I walk from my condo to the beach to have some food, sometimes swim. Sometimes I go in the morning, sometimes evening or night time. And EVERY DAY those retards on motorbikes try to sell me something:

-friend, motorbike taxi

-No, thank you

-weed weed coke coke

-No, thank you

-Have now, friend

-I said no

-Good price for you, friend

Sometimes idiots follow me on motorbikes begging to buy, even showing bags & blunts right in the middle of the street. If I sit on the beach with a cigarette, some meth-head has to come sit near me, asking hundred times if I want to buy drugs. Is there no police or DEA in this place or something?

It's SO annoying, I had to share.

I lived in Patong five years ago. I didn't like it much. I moved to Rawai and I don't get hassled at all, ever! I avoid Patong now. There's no where to park, rude people bug you all over the place, it stinks and it's not a place I would choose to live.

Edited by Jimi007

I am not sure how good your Thai is...however try this.

Mai Aoy Krap...Pi Tee Uun ...means... No thankyou,Go away

or

Jed Muung ..Pom Pi au Tumruut....Means.... <deleted> Off I go get Police

I would not suggest you engage in Physical retribution...as these cowardly swines hunt in packs...however most apprecaiate that if you speak a bit of thai...you know the score and probably have Thai friends...so their efforts are wasted on you..

This is just another example of how Phuket is struggling...stupid prices...ill treatment and scammingof farrang...enjoy to see them grovel and suffer as the economic climate depreciates further.

or

I would not suggest you engage in Physical retribution...as these cowardly swines hunt in packs...however most apprecaiate that if you speak a bit of thai...you know the score and probably have Thai friends...so their efforts are wasted on you..

This is just another example of how Phuket is struggling...stupid prices...ill treatment and scammingof farrang...enjoy to see them grovel and suffer as the economic climate depreciates further.

Thanks, I'll try the "Jed Muung" thing.

Male, what beach are you going to? Are you on Koh Phang ya?

Patong beach.

or

Thanks, I'll try the "Jed Muung" thing.

Male, what beach are you going to? Are you on Koh Phang ya?

Patong beach.

It's best not to tell a Thai to F.... off in any language. They will hurt you or kill you. As another poster said they hunt in packs. But you should learn some Thai if you plan on staying here. Mai oww, krap. I don't need, thanks. Won't get you hurt or killed. Actually just mai oww; not need is very useful for all the touts.

Edited by Jimi007

Hey Guys

Dont be so sensitive.

it`s a lifestyle in Thailand to be selfemployed and entrepreneurous.

If you don`t like the smell in the bakery...leave!

..and never say <deleted>**off to an Asian, it will tell more about yourself than the opponent.

come on man be happy... show some attitude. maybe you should go more south to Karon.

They're just trying to make A living.They have to eat to.Just say no if your not interested.But i'm willing to bet there's more people interested in something than not.

If there wasn't then you wouldn't see these people.I know of some cities in the us where you'll be asked the same thing.

Self-employed entrepreneurs? Come on... They're not even drug dealers. They'll sell you washing powder and rob you if they get a chance. I've been beaten unconscious and robbed by a group of them in Pattaya...

Instead of getting a job, they chose to scam and rob white people. F... them and their mothers.

I've lived here for a few years and never been in a situation where I've been threatened or attacked by the locals.

I can't recall ever being offered drugs over here.

Maybe they ask you because you look like you do drugs! Just a suggestion, I'm not implying anything as I don't know you.

I've lived here for a few years and never been in a situation where I've been threatened or attacked by the locals.

Maybe they ask you because you look like you do drugs! Just a suggestion, I'm not implying anything as I don't know you.

Even if I do look like a drug user, one "No, thanks" should be enough, no? Or do I have to draw them a f...... picture every time I want to leave the room?

They're just trying to make A living.They have to eat to.Just say no if your not interested.But i'm willing to bet there's more people interested in something than not.

If there wasn't then you wouldn't see these people.I know of some cities in the us where you'll be asked the same thing.

'They're just trying to make A living'...................ahh, drug dealing is OK now is it???

'They're just trying to make A living'...................ahh, drug dealing is OK now is it???

If someone actually buys from them they can then practice the entrepreneurial task of extortion on the premise they'll turn you into their cousins that wear brown uniforms :).

If someone actually buys from them they can then practice the entrepreneurial task of extortion on the premise they'll turn you into their cousins that wear brown uniforms :).

Exactly right, and since the BIB at their regular job don't make so much money, eveningtime they drive tuk-tuks. Nice little side scam, they sell, take the money, then turn in the buyer and get a split of the cash the buyer has to pay to get out of the situation. Double up to make up !

Near daily if your around Tong a lot..

I remember one shouting, loud.. coke weed, at me as I rode by on a bike.. That would be brazen at a festival or rave, let alone at random strangers riding past on nanai..

Look closely at the drug dealer that approaches you. Look at the feet. Are they dirty? I mean really dirty with the black toenails? Do they have really crappy tats? Are the teeth rotten? If the guys don't have these lovely attributes chances are they are definitely cops. The cops that approach me for the Patong shakedown always have shoes on. You can't chase after a perp in flip flops. Is the fellow wearing a windbreaker? If he is, chances he's a cop. The BiB love their guns and unlike narcs elsewhere, they have their waistband holsters. It's so they can show the weapon when they strut around. Phallus symbol I guess.

Most of these drug dealers are cops or work for cops. Never ever buy from a street vendor and never talk to one. Simply say sorry, I do not wish to have sex, thank you and smile. The no sex please comment is particularly effective with suit touts, but you have to give a good look of shocked disgust.

The Thai beach vendors are annoying but they're harmless and dirt poor. I feel sorry for some of them. yes it's crap that they are selling. However, what other option do they have? Crime? So let them push their useless merchandise.

Look closely at the drug dealer that approaches you. Look at the feet. Are they dirty? I mean really dirty with the black toenails? Do they have really crappy tats? Are the teeth rotten? If the guys don't have these lovely attributes chances are they are definitely cops. The cops that approach me for the Patong shakedown always have shoes on. You can't chase after a perp in flip flops. Is the fellow wearing a windbreaker? If he is, chances he's a cop. The BiB love their guns and unlike narcs elsewhere, they have their waistband holsters. It's so they can show the weapon when they strut around. Phallus symbol I guess.

Most seem to be MBike taxis from what I can tell..

The Thai beach vendors are annoying but they're harmless and dirt poor. I feel sorry for some of them. yes it's crap that they are selling. However, what other option do they have? Crime? So let them push their useless merchandise.

Erm so selling coke isnt 'crime' ??

I'm sure most of you will agree that "coke" in its purest form as found in the northern south american countries, the Caribbean or even the Morrocan derivatives found in Spain and southern europe is not that bad a substance.

Why on earth anyone should want to purchase the speed/chemical based garbage from this area is beyond me.

These motor-cycle vendors should be a little more socially aware of the dreadful goods they are purveying.