Aluminum Seam For Countertop To Wall

tajartale

I don't know the word for the thing that runs along the edge of the wall to seal the gap between the countertop and the wall in the kitchen.

In Thailand, a lot of kitchens seem to have the same aluminum strip installed and in a lot of places it appears to be either bent or coming away from the wall. Mine is, anyway. I was going to have my apt owners fix it/replace it/whatever, but since these guys are known for bungling repairs, I was wondering if someone could tell me how these things are supposed to be affixed to the wall so I can step in and do myself if necessary.

There appears to be a plastic 'rail' inside that the whole thing sticks to. Is that rail just glued to the wall? If so, what kind of glue?

I'm sorry, don't have a camera right now, but I can try to take a pic later and put it up if no one knows what I'm talking about. The original poster in another topic I was reading seems to have what I'm talking about, but it's a little hard to tell at the back of her picture (see below).

Thanks for your help!

post-10386-051887900 1278495389_thumb.jp

If you take off one of the end covers (probably next to refrigerator) you will see the aluminum strip is press fitted to a plastic strip that is probably screwed to the wall.

Edited by bkkbill