Flight Of The Gibbon

BarnicaleBob

I won a ticket for two flights from the “Flight of the Gibbon” at the 4th of July event. I have checked with the Flight of the Gibbon and found that I am not fit enough to make the flights so I am looking to trade or sell my ticket for two flights.

Depending on which flight you take the value of each flight is between 2,080 baht and 2,300 baht. So the ticket for two flights is worth between 4,160 baht and 4,600 baht. http://www.treetopasia.com/thailand-holiday/chiang-mai/

If anyone is interested in making me an offer for trade or cash, please PM.

Thanks,

BB

Why don't you donate them to a worthy cause?

This was something that was free to you

I would be embarrassed to even mention this myself

Would you ever donate something worth 1 month rent for your house in your homecountry!

If you not a rich kid you wont!!!!!

So dont embarras yourself with telling other people what they should be embarrassed about!

Uhhh, well yeh, and I ain't a rich kid.

I won once a 1 year family membership card for the Amari Rincome swimming pool. I quickly figured out that they probably wouldn't allow my 'family' in their pool (and so did others; within a day I had offers for my ticket <_< ) and the idea that I HAD to go there several times per month for a year long only because I had that card, didn't really make me feel good. So, I gave the price, worth more than a month's rent, away to a good cause. :)

My second 'great' win was a one-day cooking course at the four seasons. Yoohoo, wonderful ... if only I don't HATE cooking. :sick: I did sell that ticket, though, for half or 1/3 the price. ^_^

The OP Won the prize.

The prize was tickets, they now belong to him, and as such I think he is entitled to do whatever he desires with them.

I would say those are facts.

Now to the moral or emotional side, it is each individuals call what he/she would or should do.

I don't know that I would be able to sell them vs donate them to someone or org. A lot depends on the individual themselves and what kind of person they are inside and to themselves. Also a lot would depend on circumstance. Is the ticket holder in tighter than usual financial times.

I do not see how he would be able to sell at the same price as the attraction sell, maybe a somewhat reduced price would do the trick.

But please, do not do it a public forum like this. If you choose to sell, lower the price and seek a buyer, but do it quietly.

If you choose to give them away, look around your area/neighborhool and find some young people, maybe teenagers, who may never , never have a chance to visit this attraction, and if they are able to go and do..... give them the tickets quietly.

You know and they know...... those are the only that need to know.

I know you would feel a special feeling in your heart and that would be known only to you

Just in case I did not make it clear in my original post, I am looking for offers or bids on the tickets. If you want to make me an offer send me a PM, the highest bid gets it.

BB

Or only. :lol: Wish you luck. :D

Just in case I did not make it clear in my original post, I am looking for offers or bids on the tickets. If you want to make me an offer send me a PM, the highest bid gets it.

BB

Bob, before rejecting any offers as being too paltry, you should be aware that the Flight of the Gibbon has a dual (or more) pricing system. I thought it was a great attraction but have stopped recommending it to visitors because of embarrassment over the multi levels of pricing. Thai prices are heavily discounted to the advertised rates.

BB

Bob, before rejecting any offers as being too paltry, you should be aware that the Flight of the Gibbon has a dual (or more) pricing system. I thought it was a great attraction but have stopped recommending it to visitors because of embarrassment over the multi levels of pricing. Thai prices are heavily discounted to the advertised rates.

Can and will you give us examples of what the differences are in the price structure you offer?

BB

Can and will you give us examples of what the differences are in the price structure you offer?

It's been a while now, but on one trip I called and spoke in Thai to the girl and was offered a price that was based on us not going through an agent and then had to call back to confirm. This time I spoke to another girl. She asked me if I was Thai, and then put the price up by about 500 baht. My wife called next and it went down again but when we turned up with large group of Thais and farangs we had to renegotiate. On a second trip, much the same thing happened but we were able to get a lower price by not having the set lunch. I sent some other people and they had to pay the advertised price, which was different again, so I gave up.

Do you (OP) still have the ticket for two flights? If so I would you take 1,800 baht for them?

Thanks

I still have the ticket for two flights of the Gibbon. The best offer I have had so far was 3,000 Baht and I accepted the offer but then never heard again from that person. So I am still open to all offers of trades for something else or baht. Mojoman, I will PM you if I do not get any better offers soon.

BB