Kirz Internet Awful Stats, Can I Cancel My Pre-Paid Coupon?

I'm in the View Talay 6 in Pattaya and I got Internet with CANDO, and they advertise 3Mb download / 2MB upload and better quality than the competitors.

The reality is different.

I can't get better than 500ms latency even with the US, and download speed is around 300kbs or worse upload the same or better...

It is 10x time slower than advertised.

What can I do, can I get a refund? Should I fill a claim with the police?

It is missleading advertising right?

post-105564-081436200 1278679587_thumb.j

post-105564-008601600 1278679609_thumb.j

Edited by nikkoid66

Misleading advertisement, welcome to Thailand.

You can ask for a refund but knowing Thailand I think it would be a waste of time.

The cops would most likely just laugh at you.

TiT

Yeah there is probably nothing to do, but at least warn people to NOT use this ISP.

All ISP are selling coupons and ask you to pay in cash upfront so if it does not work, you are f.cked.

I have done the speed tests with Europe and US, I NEVER get better than 400kbs transfer rate and 100 ms latency, whatever it is at 3am, 9am, 2pm, 4pm etc...

I will check with 3BB and post the same speed tests, it will cost me some $$ but at least I will see if it is the same with all ISP.

Edited by nikkoid66

Cancel the service and move on.

Police... what do you think they'll do? Create a special task force, have an undercover agent buy the ISPs package with secret cameras installed, then bust them big time? Class action lawsuit bringing down the company... I don't think so... :P

This is Thailand.

Well here is what happened, I'm still AMAZED.

They sent some technicians (the NEXT DAY) and they upgraded the bandwidth.

Now I have a very good internet.

The boss and 2 technicians apologized and explained me what was the issue and how they fixed it.

Thailand is a special country, but in the same time, can you imagine this happening in the USA or in Europe? Even in Thailand, try to get 3BB to care about a technical issue, not speaking about TOT!!!

So thanks to Kirz and their super duper upgrade and support, Rune Andersen, Bee at CANDO the company who managed the problem are the best as far as customer service is concerned!

:jap:

I attach the stats from from today... BIG difference, and I am now a satisfied customer.