Sardines In Oil

intacome

I have been looking for ages for sardines in vegetable oil, but with no sucess, a friend of my actually found some and bought the the lot . but hasn't seen any since. I cant understand the fasination for fish in tomatoe sauce.

I don,t hate tomatoes but with fish it just seems odd.

Anyway if anyone knows where i can get some in or around chiang ami it would be appreciated.

Bill

Rim Ping on the river have some (sometimes) black container, 'Rugen Fisch' brand. They order when they run out so no constant supply.

Used to be a cheap, good and I think local brand in the flat can called 'Brooks' and haven't seen them in years. There has been a threead dedicated to sardines in oil on the western food forum and no one can find a local brand of sardines w/o tomato sauce. one suggestion was to wash them in water, then squeeze manao or lemon juice. may try that some time. meanwhile if anyone sees the 'Brooks' brand please post where........

I have been looking for ages for sardines in vegetable oil, but with no sucess, a friend of my actually found some and bought the the lot . but hasn't seen any since. I cant understand the fasination for fish in tomatoe sauce.

Anyway if anyone knows where i can get some in or around chiang ami it would be appreciated.

Bill

--------------------------------

Ah.. you cannot be scandinavian, I can see that for sure!! We all love to eat our sardines like they should

be eaten,,,, in tomatoe-sauce... Children and adults, we all love it.. fantastic on bread..

Glegolo

Bill

Ah.. you cannot be scandinavian, I can see that for sure!! We all love to eat our sardines like they should

be eaten,,,, in tomatoe-sauce... Children and adults, we all love it.. fantastic on bread..

Glegolo

I bought some in Tops only yesterday. What a coincidence! Life is not the same without Sardines in veggy oil with a bottle of Lao Dark

Edited by ianf

Bill

Glegolo

I'm not Scandinavian but the taste of the sardines is totally overwhelmed by the tomato sauce. Never could understand why people wantt to drown everything in it. Have a look sometime as to what is actually in tomato sauce products off the shelf, ,a chemical cocktail, but each to his own!!!