Pattaya Police Arrest Woman Promising New Life For Thai's In USA

webfact

Pattaya Police arrest Woman promising new life for Thai’s in USA

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday, Police Lieutenant Colonel Grisagorn from Pattaya Police Station led an operation to arrest a female suspect who is alleged to have fraudulently taken money from women who believed they would be sent to USA for work. Multiple complaints had been received concerning Khun Supisara aged 46 who claimed she had graduated from a college in USA and her brother worked in the US Embassy in Bangkok. She also claimed to own a restaurant and spa in USA. She had befriended Khun Satawee aged 36 and told her that for a fee of 32,400 Baht she could received a visa to work in USA.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-07-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

her brother worked in the US Embassy in Bangkok

He worked as what? A security guard? rolleyes.gif Seriously though, the US is one of the hardest visas in the world to get. But then again why would a Thai person know that. See, it's not just farangs that get scammed in Thailand...

Wish they could arrest the Kenyan that is promising 12 million illegals a life in America with free government handouts provided for by the tax-paying slaves.

poedogg

believe it or not.... what you described was entirely possible around 1975.... but no longer....

i could attest to that.... that there was such an operation going on and available....

each family members would receive some 250 usd per month for a 6 months duration....

a family of four would receive some 1,000 usd plus assistance with housing and utilities and all....

and those were the days, my friend.... and many hoped that they would never end.... :huh: but the goodwill gesture ended some 10 yrs later....:(

there were just too many abuses going on.... but they were not purported by the officers.... instead.... almost all were purported by the recipients themselves acting singularly or collectively....

a very sad example of taking serious advantages of the u.s. govt as well as u.s. people's goodwill and good intention. that chapter has been closed for some 30 odds years now.

The REAL crime here is the weird spelling of a plural with apostrophe, i.e. "Thai's" instead of "Thais". Very common on Thai Visa, and cannot be blamed on nationalities or languages because to my knowledge there is no language that builds a plural with an apostrophe.

I wish the police would take care of that instead, say a 2,000 Baht fine for anyone caught "littering" their posts with unnecessary apostrophes. They can start by hanging out in internet cafes (or cafe's, since I'm safely out of reach of the BiB).

PS: If you wonder why I get upset at what amounts to mere sloppiness, think of where this might lead to. Soon every word ending in an "s" sound will have an apostrophe, and do you really want to read an article where "house" is spelled "hou's" and "houses" spelled "hou's's"? I know you don't!

This is a serious scam and one that hurts many Thai people. I have several relatives that have had that scam happen to them. Promises of jobs in Israel, Taiwan, etc. When you are dirt poor and dreaming of being able to provide for your "extended" family, these scams look great. Especially when there are some that have had it work out for them!

My ex-girlfriend's father got involved with a guy who was doing this. He thought it was on the up and up and was working in a government office at the time. The other guy left with all the money and he ended up in jail for a year and then had to pay everything back...and lost his job. Outrageously sad event to happen to such a nice guy....ruined his life.

I hope this woman has to pay back to her victims...but know that will never happen...30,000 Baht is a serious amount of money to people who only make 8,000 Baht per month or so...

The REAL crime here is the weird spelling of a plural with apostrophe, i.e. "Thai's" instead of "Thais". Very common on Thai Visa, and cannot be blamed on nationalities or languages because to my knowledge there is no language that builds a plural with an apostrophe.

I wish the police would take care of that instead, say a 2,000 Baht fine for anyone caught "littering" their posts with unnecessary apostrophes. They can start by hanging out in internet cafes (or cafe's, since I'm safely out of reach of the BiB).

PS: If you wonder why I get upset at what amounts to mere sloppiness, think of where this might lead to. Soon every word ending in an "s" sound will have an apostrophe, and do you really want to read an article where "house" is spelled "hou's" and "houses" spelled "hou's's"? I know you don't!

Grammar-Police.png