Wow: Cataclysm

rio666uk

Cataclysm  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, we know that the next expansion is on the way but we dont know exactly when.

2 new playable races, Alliance have the Worgen, Horde have the Goblins. New Quest Hubs in Azeroth Zones, I think most if not all zones have been remodelled to reflect Deathwings emergence from the depths of the world... and one of my favourites is that players will have the ability to use flying mounts in Azeroth.

With Bioware currently working towards SWTOR release, a lot of MMO players are starting to get excited about the shift from fantasy to sci-fi (Im not dismissing EVE or StarTrek just focussing on SWTOR).

As for me, Im quite happy to sit back and enjoy the forthcoming Blizzard offering... Im not in a great rush to pick up another new MMO, Ive tried this a few times and always end up coming back to WoW...

LoTRo, WAR, AoC, Aion... all tried for varying amounts of time, but all fell short of the mark either by way of content, grind fest, community.

So what are your thoughts on what you have read/seen/heard about Cataclysm so far? Will it be a huge sucess in recreating vanilla WoW continents or is it just a quick money spinner from the devs to cash in on the crowd before an exodus to Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Quit months ago for the following reasons:

1) Battle.net 2.0

2) RealID

3) Poor customer service

4) Robert Kotick

5) No path of the titans/ gimped archeology

6) Community hitting rock bottom

7) Gearscore

8) Epics too common

I could go on. Truth is, it probably boils down to the deteriorated community and that every nook and cranny of the game has been data mined. I got a huge kick out of exploring, traveling and discovering. That was pretty much removed with instance queues. SW:TOR looks ok, but I've got my eyes on a few others.

I'm a bit excited about Cataclysm with its new changes. Wow has been out for so many years and it's getting old now. So, I might switch to another mmo but I'm not sure yet.

I will try Cataclysm for sure. I paid for other crap to try. So, why not an expansion from blizzard? :D

I'm thinking about FFXIV right now. It looks awesome.

Oh and I can't wait to try Worgen even though female Worgen looks like shit. Might level my main first with friends since they are all coming back. Should be fun. The whole raiding idea, not so much. lol

Edited by rikigalazy

I'm a bit excited about Cataclysm with its new changes. Wow has been out for so many years and it's getting old now. So, I might switch to another mmo but I'm not sure yet.

I will try Cataclysm for sure. I paid for other crap to try. So, why not an expansion from blizzard? :D

I'm thinking about FFXIV right now. It looks awesome.

Oh and I can't wait to try Worgen even though female Worgen looks like shit. Might level my main first with friends since they are all coming back. Should be fun. The whole raiding idea, not so much. lol

Now I have no first hand experience of Final Fantasy, things ive read on other forums give me the idea that it is quite a grindfest along the lines of Aion, Lineage2 & EQ2... Would that be a fair comment?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I quit WOW after playing for 4 years, I have been playing EVE Online now, its everything you could want in a game but it has a higher learning curve. The best thing about it is that its not time intensive like WOW. If you don't spend 4 hours raiding you don't have a chance at getting the good drops. If you stop playing for a few months you can be left behind then may find it hard getting on to raids with your guild because your stats are low.

EVE lets you gain skills while not even online so it doesn't matter how much time you can put into playing your skills improve. The missions are as boring as WOW quests but that's to be expected with PVE. The pvp is amazing though especially in 0.0 space, it like being in a raid but against players rather than NPCs. You have a leader (FC = field commander), logistic ships (healers), electronic warfare ships (casters) and DPS. In 0.0 space you hold sovereignty and you have to fight to keep it, there is also a lot of politics involved forming alliances and declaring wars. Another positive is that even as a new player you can participate effectively in pvp in small ships, so people are never left out of roams (raids)because of low skills. Also new players in corporations often get free replacement ships and loot from enemy ships which is often worth more than the ship they lose. Making currency (isk) is no problem as you can chose to be a philanthropist, pirate (salvage wrecks and ransoming ships etc) , miner or kill NPC ships for bounty and salvage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all (noob forumer, my first time at ThaiVisa)

I used to play a lvl80 balance/resto druid on Nagrand (Oceanic), however I decided to leave the game 6 months ago after it all got a little bit tedious with raiding/emblems grind :0/ guild drama

Now this Cataclysm is luring me back into it again!!!

(Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing)

Hey all (another Forum n00b here),

I've managed to download 3 of the 4 patch parts for the 4.0.0 upgrade but am having a bear of a time on the 2.4gb file. Can anyone recommend a *FAST Internet Cafe in BKK that isn't extortionist, or, better, does anyone have the patch parts that they'd be willing to let me copy (or a completely patched US setup that I could copy)?

* Fast being a relative term. The best I've gotten is 140kbps but the connection wasn't stable. I got lucky on the 1.7gb file with a 60kbps dl going overnight but using 2 machines just in case. Yeah, one machine lost the connection but the other managed to finish.

Much appreciated,

Khun Bdin

Alliance Warlock

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...