Dextrose

StateSix

Usually you can get these things from home-brew supply shops... but apparently that is outlawed in Thailand. Only other option I can think of would be a pharmacy.

Good luck.

There has been some confusion and I would really like to get some clarification on this, many are saying that making any kind of alcohol at home (i.e. beer and wine) is strictly illegal (and I know it was or has been in the past) but people have also posted that the laws changed a few years back allowing it for your own consumption only; I think the change came about from sato makers rallying for their right to brew at home. Can someone with real knowledge of the law set us straight?

Usually you can get these things from home-brew supply shops... but apparently that is outlawed in Thailand. Only other option I can think of would be a pharmacy.

Good luck.

There has been some confusion and I would really like to get some clarification on this, many are saying that making any kind of alcohol at home (i.e. beer and wine) is strictly illegal (and I know it was or has been in the past) but people have also posted that the laws changed a few years back allowing it for your own consumption only; I think the change came about from sato makers rallying for their right to brew at home. Can someone with real knowledge of the law set us straight?

So I guess no one really knows for sure if it is legal or not to brew beer/wine at home. So many (especially when the topic of brewing comes up) are so quick to point out that it is illegal but when put on the spot they can not back up their claims. I will try to consult a lawyer on this one as I am really interested in knowing :wacko:

• 1 year later...

I have recently imported cans of home brew from Australia to make into beer.. It was opened by customs and passed on to me with no complications. I think if it was illegal they would have confiscated it. .

Now all I require id some Dextrose and powdered corn syrup. Anyone know where to purchase these items? Thank you in advance. Gerry.