What Are My Chances?

julesdick

Just on the offchance anyone knows the legal position here....

Bought Sony DVD and speakers set from Sony centre Chiang Mai Airport Plaza today. 7000 Baht reduced to 5000. Sounded ok in the shop listening to Thai song via usb flash card. Got it home, put a DVD in and it sounds terrible. Much worse than my old Thai AJ amp and speakers. I thought "its Sony it must be ok".

Anyway if they refuse to take it back do I have any legal comeback? Is there a 'cooling off period' in which I am entitled to return an item for a refund as in the UK?

Any suggestions welcome before I try to take it back

Cheers

JD

Probably why it was reduced.

Not sure on the legal aspect as you've already tested it, but some of the big stores will take stuff back within 7 days of purchase, provided you have the receipt of course. Say you just don't like it and that the sound is terrible when in a quiet environment, which is not what you expected of Sony. If they argue, stand your ground and perhaps raise voice slightly. If they won't budge just keep hanging around and also perhaps threaten to call the tourist police (1155). If they absolutely don't budge, ask for a possible part-ex on a different system.

Probably why it was reduced.

Not sure on the legal aspect as you've already tested it, but some of the big stores will take stuff back within 7 days of purchase, provided you have the receipt of course. Say you just don't like it and that the sound is terrible when in a quiet environment, which is not what you expected of Sony. If they argue, stand your ground and perhaps raise voice slightly. If they won't budge just keep hanging around and also perhaps threaten to call the tourist police (1155). If they absolutely don't budge, ask for a possible part-ex on a different system.

sound advice.

appreciated.

perfect advice, on the other hand, 5.000 !, what did you expect from something that cheap??

Well I for one would expect that the bloody thing would work and do a decent job... If over 100 UK pounds is 'that cheap' send me some of ya money cos you need to get rid of some. You have to much already :D

perfect advice, on the other hand, 5.000 !, what did you expect from something that cheap??

Well I for one would expect that the bloody thing would work and do a decent job... If over 100 UK pounds is 'that cheap' send me some of ya money cos you need to get rid of some. You have to much already :D

thaicrb, it worked, but the sound was disappointing. FYI: People paying more for cables than for that player plus boxes...

maybe it's his...amplifier ?!....