Tt&t Maxnet?

Ron

:o Hello out there! I'm in the wilderness of a Khmer Kampong in Thailand! I hopefully look forward to connecting soon, but don't understand how Maxnet will work for me. Nobody here has even an inkling of English, only some broken Pidgin lacking all grammatical considerations, so my translator wife even hardly speaks Thai so after being in the TT&T office in Sa Kaeo, I'm more confused then ever. I have a good Zoom router sent from the USA soon, and the installation man will be here soon, but no English shall he speak. Could one of our timely expat experts please be so kind to inform me of the ins-and-outs of maxnet, so I'll be prepared to go online high speed soon?

Hi Ron,

I have just setup my 512/256 maxnet connection, i also had similar problems with the ommunication barrier.

Heres how ive got mine setup :o

TT&T (carrefour office, pattaya) arrangd new line and adsl activation.

Provided me with a username and password (e.g. adlxxxxx@maxnet & a password).

Guys turned up installed the line and i added the adsl splitter.

I had brought my own router from the UK (DG834), after going to its login panel, not sure of your zoom router, but in my case, i login through a web panel using the address line hxxp://192.168.0.1 and enter the routers username and password.

From your web panel you should hopefully be able to enter your provided user details from TT&T and what connection type,

>in this case its PPPoE,

>obtain ip/dns dynically from isp

>my mtu is 1492 (pppoe)

adsl settings are

>LLC based

>VPI 0

>VCI 33

Unless of course your zoom router has a "auto detect connection wizard" like my netgear and does all the work for you, simply add your username and password for maxnet.

im assuming maxnet is a kind of "no-frills" connection, no isp homepage or email addresses :D just plug n' play :D

So far it has been reliable, was down for an hour soo, and i hear 1mb is coming soon :D

Hope this helps........and i aint missed anything

Good luck.

BigollieG - I just switched from ISSP to Maxnet yesterday. I'm paying for 512/256. I've got the same ADSL settings as you. However, modem reports data rate to be 256/128. I assume that means that the upstream modem has been set up wrong.

Question: What data rate does your modem show?

TIA

Buadhai,

I switched from Ji-net to Maxnet.

Data rate on my router indicates 512/256. Your speed can be limited at two places, the ISP and the dslam (=upstream modem)

If your modem shows 256/128 it's a TT&T problem and you should notify them of this. Shouldn't take long to correct!

CAll *997 for TT&T adsl problems. (be advised their English is poor :o )

Monty,

Data rate on my router indicates 512/256. Your speed can be limited at two places, the ISP and the dslam (=upstream modem)

If your modem shows 256/128 it's a TT&T problem and you should notify them of this. Shouldn't take long to correct!

How, exactly do you check those two items? :o

cheers, dog

Monty,

How, exactly do you check those two items?  :o

cheers, dog

Your ADSL modem probably has some sort of web interface that gives you access to setup, status, logs, etc. The initial address is often something like:

http://192.168.1.1

Try that, or check the modem (or modem/router) manual.

Question: What data rate does your modem show?

My connection status is showing 512/256, i can only assume the same as the other guys here and that TT&T need to sort your line out :D

According to the TT&T sales lady 1mb is going to become available this month, dont know how true that is though, havent seen any advertisements :o

OK, got them to increase the bandwidth to 512/256, but the throughput sucks. So far it's about one third as good as I was getting on ISSP paying for 256/128. Latest test at Bandwidthplace is only 70+ kbs....

Only upside is that Maxnet costs half of what ISSP cost!

:o

guess it depends on where you are

I get very stable speeds here in Pattaya

MySpeed Results

Download 413,912 bps

Upload 109,848 bps

QOS 90%

RTT 48 ms

MaxPause 360 ms

It went down to under 100kbps, but only for 1 day. Looked more like a technical problem to me. Have it now almost 1 month...

Right you are.

Last night's test:

77.3 kilobits per second

1MB file download 1.8 minutes

Subjective rating Slow

This morning:

264.9 kilobits per second

1MB file download 31.7 seconds

Subjective rating Mediocre

Frankly, I'll be happy with consistent "Mediocre"

:o