Can I Visit My Friend In Klong Prem Prison ?

Seath

bring along a Thai if you have a local contact;

find out the visiting days

Pretty good advice.

+

The visiting day depends on which Prison Block your friend is being held - different visiting days for each Prison Block.

If you don't know, you will need to visit the prison to find out.

As Sulasno said - take along someone who speaks Thai.

All the signs and forms are in Thai (some English, but not a lot).

Take your passport. Do not wear a singlet and thongs :-)

The queue in the waiting area can be huge, outside some undercover, no aircon - hot sweaty and stinky (from the canal).

After filling in forms (if you are allowed a visit) you have to wait for the name to be called on a crappy tannoy speaker.

You may have to wait for several hours. Every 20 minutes, they quickly call about 30 names (it can be hard to hear), and tough if you miss the call.

Do NOT take anything for your friend - prisoners cannot receive anything from a visit - you MUST send things by post (and most items not accepted).

You can buy prisoners supplies from the shop in the waiting area, which will be given to the prisoner afterwards.

Wait until after the visit and ask your friend what he wants - usually basics such as FOOD, soap, shampoo, cigarettes (used as cash inside the prison).

Klong Prem Prison

33/2 Ngam Wong Wan Road, Lard Yao, Chatuchuk

Bangkok, Thailand

BKK 10900

Klong Prem Prison website (not very good):

http://www.correct.go.th/klong.htm

More useful information here:

http://www.bangkwang.net/pen-pal/klogprem/klong.htm

http://www.usp.com.au/fpss/l-klongprem.html

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8477370.jpg

Good luck.

Edited by donkeykong

You failed to state the crime your "friend" committed. If it was drug related, your "friend" is damaged goods - so you better say adios amigo.

So, unless your "friend" is a close relation (blood), best to send letters - you visit, you'll get yourself an associate jacket - especially if you are under 30-years of age. You don't go to Klong Prem for not wearing a helmet.

You failed to state the crime your "friend" committed. If it was drug related, your "friend" is damaged goods - so you better say adios amigo.

So, unless your "friend" is a close relation (blood), best to send letters - you visit, you'll get yourself an associate jacket - especially if you are under 30-years of age. You don't go to Klong Prem for not wearing a helmet.

glad i don't have people like you as my friends....bah.gif

I read a web page on Thai prisons that stated prisoners with a long sentence such as 30 years plus or drug-related including death row were housed at Bangkwang Prison in Nonthaburi close to the river. http://www.khaosanroad.com/bangedup.htm

Less than 30 years were housed in Klong Prem on Ngam Wang Wan Road.

There is a web page that can be googled that gives more info on visitation requirements. http://www.usp.com.au/fpss/prisoners.html gives info on different country prisons including Thailand.

Not a nice place to visit judging from friend who have have visited the prisons. Worse if you are an inmate.

Edited by puyaidon

Disgusting attitude :(

Disgusting attitude :(

Understandble though::

Edited by gennisis

glad i don't have people like you as my friends....bah.gif

I second this...:sick:

Edit because I second AAACEEE post... of course... not thaigold <deleted>!

Edited by lazygourmet
  • Like 1

Pitiful response...I would like to say I feel sorry for you, but I don't.

If it was drug related, your "friend" is damaged goods - so you better say adios amigo.
Damaged goods ?? Adios amigo?? associate jacket? do you watch a lot of lowbrow television? Edited by rucus7

Tit

thx for the info guys.

thaigold,

I want to go and see him because he is my friend, something by the sounds of it that you dont have many of

I regulary visit a freind in bangwang prison , its not so hard to visit-1st you need to know the visiting days and times , get there at least 20 minutes before dressed in long teousers and at least a t-shirt with your passport and a foto copy.You fill in a simple form and hand it in to the counter.Most (not all) gueards are helpfull enough and there are allways other falangs there visiting so you can ask them.You DO NOT beed to go with someone Thai or Thai speaking ,if you have any further questions give me a PM

best wishes

thx for the info guys.

thaigold,

I want to go and see him because he is my friend, something by the sounds of it that you dont have many of

I regulary visit a freind in bangwang prison , its not so hard to visit-1st you need to know the visiting days and times , get there at least 20 minutes before dressed in long teousers and at least a t-shirt with your passport and a foto copy.You fill in a simple form and hand it in to the counter.Most (not all) gueards are helpfull enough and there are allways other falangs there visiting so you can ask them.You DO NOT beed to go with someone Thai or Thai speaking ,if you have any further questions give me a PM

best wishes