Length Of Life Of Honda Wave 125 Engine...

newbie83

Hello, I'm in Europe now, and i got offer for buying 3 years old Honda Innova (same model as Honda Wave, but for European market)...It has 35,000 km on its clock....So i wonder...how long more it could run...The guy who is selling it told me that he already changed shock absorbers....Bike looks like this...http://tiny.pl/h7764 It was mainly used in Greece, so probably it was running most of the time every day 12 months/ year, because of hot weather (like in Thailand...) The price with registration is almost 1300 usd hahah, I know it's not so cheap, but it's not Asia , it's Europe ;-(

so what do you think about these 35.000 km ?

thx

You can scarcely find a model for which engine is more highly regarded - huge popularity here in Thailand.

Issue, I feel too, is the condition of the bike as a result of its care. 35000 kms could mean little or a lot, this way or that, so all moving parts (other than the engine) are considerations. Also, here, repairs are inexpensive and parts for the Wave too, as it is built here (pretty inexpensively) and taxed little as well.

Good luck,

Edited by CMX

You can scarcely find a model with an engine more highly regarded - probably by millions here.

Issue, I feel too, is the condition of the bike as a result of its care. 35000 kms could mean little or a lot, this way or that, so all moving parts (other than the engine) are considerations. Also, here, repairs are inexpensive and parts for the Wave too, as it is built here (pretty inexpensively) and taxed little as well.

Good luck,

Edited by CMX

You can scarcely find a model with an engine more highly regarded - probably by millions here.

Good luck,

70-150.000 km if maintained and used normally

Good luck,

70-150.000 km if maintained and used normally

Also 70-150.000 km if not maintained and used abnormally (engine)

:rolleyes:

My Wave 125i has about 40K kms and I just had it rebuilt as the engine was a little rattley. BUT, when I bought it (cheap) it was quite low on oil so it obviously wasn't well looked after. The gear box on the 125 tends to be a bit clunky compared to the older 100's. Also 3rd gear is known to stick (in neutral) on many of them if you drive it hard. Just something to look out for. Just give it a good test, pounding it through the gears to see how it does. Also, have someone with a good ear listen to the motor, especially when its cold. How much do they cost to rebuild them over there?