Accounting Software

Hi Guys,

I own a business here in Australia, I am thinking at some stage i would like to sell up here and look for a business oppitunity over there in thailand. I have a couple of questions.

1) What accounting software can I use in thailand for a small business - Myob / Quiken?

2) Can I just go over with a tourist visa and keep doing visa runs? I would start my buisness with a scilent thai partner.

I trully belive with the right skills you can start a succesfull business in most countries of the world.

Thanks for your help

I have been using MYOB for the last 11 years . start in 93-94 .

some of my friend like Quiken better .

if you own a business in australia i presum you allready have one of them ..

i do not see why , you could not use it here !

ask a accountant for other possibility .

I got this message from skoperism:

Thanks for the reply. So is myob comptable with the Thailand tax system. Where did u pruchase MYOB. What country? Thanks

my reply:

i do not know what tax reports Thailand want / allow , a report with profit & loss, and balance sheet can be read by any accountant (well i hope so).

You will need to see accountant to ask him .

I just know MYOB is a Australian system , and use by many business in Australia .

I use MYOB for my own business in Australia, have a printing company to make the cheque ( A4 ) with the bank authorization and printing few hundred a month for wage and expense was a breeze ( window envelop ), reconcile account and tax / worker / holiday paid etcetera

I did buy few time from MYOB in Australia, just have a copy for the upgrade bought in pantip last year with new GST code .

If you are in Australia , suggest to talk to your accountant , and try the program , take bit of time to setup .

Not sure what sort of business you want to open !

I think like everything in life you will find some positive and negative people, some accountant who will be happy with Myob and some who will not .

MYOB = mine you own business