Orange Light Sightings In Bangkok

bkkjames

Some background: last week around 840pm I was sitting on my balcony facing east toward Ram Intra expressway like I normally do and just as a thunderstorm was building towards Suvarhnabhumi (south side) I noticed a seriously bright orange light in the sky  - unlike any I have ever seen before. It came out of the storm clouds a horizon level and flew towards my position then turned and went straight north horizontally for about 3 mins. As it was doing this I called the wife out to take a look. Estimate it was 3-5kms away.

After about 3 mins it went straight up and disappeared.

For the record I know what airliners look like with their flashing lights and movement and this was unlike any airliner or helicopter I have seen. Oh, I have seen Chinese lanterns before and this was not a Chinese Lantern either : far too bright and flying horizontally for 3 mins - I don't think so.

There were no take-offs or approaching aircraft to the airport while this was happening from what I can tell.

Out of curiosity I did a little good search to see if anyone else saw it - nothing yet but amazingly around the world ordinary people have noticed a massive increase in the same kinds of sightings this month. 

Now I have no idea what the hel_l is going on but something is. Keep your eyes open!

Firstly, only one Heineken in my system and if you know me, that isn't enough to make me smile, never mind be drunk. Got the wife to come witness it as well.

Size of object hard to say because of the distance but would estimate it was smaller than a commercial airliner - altitude around the same height at approaching airliners to suvarnabhumi before they reach the far end and turn into the wind to begin final. Speed - slower than a commercial airliner but much faster than a balloon. Pulsating orange light (no flashing red or whites).

No other explanation. No sound coming from it.

We can't be alone!

Another thing, I doubt the Thai government has the money or knowledge to be inventing special flying machines in secret.

It's not secret it's bright orange and flying around over Bangkok!

Anyway, I'm in full agreement, seeing as we have no explanation it must, therefore, be what we want it to be, which is aliens :)

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my tin foil hat now. I wonder if they've come to share their technology with us, save us from the debilitating diseases that blight our world, or have come to kill us all, draining the life from our planet to satisfy their hunger for conquest?

We can't be alone!

Another thing, I doubt the Thai government has the money or knowledge to be inventing special flying machines in secret.

Anyway, I'm in full agreement, seeing as we have no explanation it must, therefore, be what we want it to be, which is aliens :)

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my tin foil hat now. I wonder if they've come to share their technology with us, save us from the debilitating diseases that blight our world, or have come to kill us all, draining the life from our planet to satisfy their hunger for conquest?

They popped by to watch the World Cup Final and were so disgusted they're removing anything orange from the world. ;)

We can't be alone!

They popped by to watch the World Cup Final and were so disgusted they're removing anything orange from the world. ;)

:lol: they could do us all a favour and take shrek rooney with them too!

The Dutch thing did cross my mind and was eagerly waiting for Goldmember to pop out of it and exclaim-pancakes anyone? That and I am a heineken driinker but sadly didn't happen.

like I said normally I wouldn't think to much about it and just write it off as a mekong gas ball or something else spirtually thai, but all over the world this month people are seeing similar things.

You mention a thunderstorm and it was night time? My best bet is that someone tested their new Klieg light and you got the reflection off some oddly shaped clouds, perhaps with refractions from water droplets thrown in.

"We are not alone" - well, unfortunately for all practical purposes, we are. But so is probably all other life in this (and other) universe.

You mention a thunderstorm and it was night time? My best bet is that someone tested their new Klieg light and you got the reflection off some oddly shaped clouds, perhaps with refractions from water droplets thrown in.

"We are not alone" - well, unfortunately for all practical purposes, we are. But so is probably all other life in this (and other) universe.

It definitely was not a spot light or stage light - this thing was self propelled - the storm was approaching but not over the area yet.

It looked like the attached photo but much more luminescent. 

post-22903-053685800 1279589050_thumb.jp

Did you not take any photos? BTW; maybe you should change your signature...at least for this thread....

I didn't take any photos that night. As for making it up, believe me (or not) I have much better things to do that start a thread about some light I didn't see.

It seems like other people must have witnessed this phenomenon? A reasonably large, glowing orange object at ~ 3,000 feet moving at 100 knots over a hugely populated area where many, many people are outdoors, would have been observed by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

As an aside, every UFO sighting involves colored lights, orange being one of the more popular. I still haven't figured out why UFO owners would put lights on their craft, maybe they think it looks cool? Or are different colors are assigned to different races of aliens so they can keep track of each other? Given the number of sightings Earth seems like a popular destination.

And do they have crop circles here?

It seems like other people must have witnessed this phenomenon? A reasonably large, glowing orange object at ~ 3,000 feet moving at 100 knots over a hugely populated area where many, many people are outdoors, would have been observed by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

As an aside, every UFO sighting involves colored lights, orange being one of the more popular. I still haven't figured out why UFO owners would put lights on their craft, maybe they think it looks cool? Or are different colors are assigned to different races of aliens so they can keep track of each other? Given the number of sightings Earth seems like a popular destination.

And do they have crop circles here?

Yep, that's why I checked the news / web the next day mate, and hence why I started this topic. My wife is the biggest skeptic there is when it comes to all things UFO but even she couldn't explain it - that's why I called her out to take a look at it.

Anyways, I am not saying it was Aliens just an bright orange shiny ball.

Did you not take any photos? BTW; maybe you should change your signature...at least for this thread....

I didn't take any photos that night. As for making it up, believe me (or not) I have much better things to do that start a thread about some light I didn't see.

It seems orange lights sightings are very common in Europe too, according to some blog which i read from time to time.

These orange balls are not considered to be aliens, but most probably a still unknown natural phenomenon.

:lol:

I'm not saying this is it but there is a quite rare phenomenom called Ball Lightning asscoiated with thunderstorms the cause of which is uncertain. Did you see lightning in the thunderclouds...ligthing going from cloud to cloud instead of lightning going down to the ground? Ball lightning is unusual and rare, but some scientists think it may be due to a small, compact, but very intense electric field that reaches a potential where the trace gases in the air are ionized or ignited by the electric field (Methane is one). Ball lightning has been reported in colors from Orange to Blue, with the Orange color being the least energetic, and the Blue or Pale Blue being the most energetic. Usually, Ball Lightning seems to jump around however. Travelling for 3 minutes in one direction, would be unusual.

Ball Lightning is usually seen over water, and is reported from people on ships. But Ball Lightning isn't seen that often, if it was Ball lightning, so scientists are just not sure what it is. Too few verifiable reports to get a clear description of what it normally does.

:o

Note: From the internet the following:

noun:

A rare form of lightning in the shape of a glowing red ball, associated with thunderstorms and thought to consist of ionized gas.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

It started raining in Bangkok so I told my wife to look out for the ball lightning.

At first I felt invigorated and then very groggy.

I'm lightheaded enough right now that I could easily go sing a few songs at the 7-11 now.

Edited by Head Snake

I'm not saying this is it but there is a quite rare phenomenom called Ball Lightning asscoiated with thunderstorms the cause of which is uncertain. Did you see lightning in the thunderclouds...ligthing going from cloud to cloud instead of lightning going down to the ground? Ball lightning is unusual and rare, but some scientists think it may be due to a small, compact, but very intense electric field that reaches a potential where the trace gases in the air are ionized or ignited by the electric field (Methane is one). Ball lightning has been reported in colors from Orange to Blue, with the Orange color being the least energetic, and the Blue or Pale Blue being the most energetic. Usually, Ball Lightning seems to jump around however. Travelling for 3 minutes in one direction, would be unusual.

Ball Lightning is usually seen over water, and is reported from people on ships. But Ball Lightning isn't seen that often, if it was Ball lightning, so scientists are just not sure what it is. Too few verifiable reports to get a clear description of what it normally does.

noun:

A rare form of lightning in the shape of a glowing red ball, associated with thunderstorms and thought to consist of ionized gas.

I have been lucky, once i saw a ball lighting during a powerful storm, it was as yellow as the other lightnings.

But the OP didn't mention a storm, so must be something else.

noun:

Yes I did see lighting in the nearby thunderstorm. Brings up another point about something I have notice over the last few months. Keep an eye on thunderstorms and you will notice that the lighting is different that what I have seen over 40 years. Not just the big bolts but circular sheet lightening within it. Really weird. I hope you are right about your explanation.

Cheers

AlexLah, i am just looking at your avatar....were you wearing a bright orange T-shirt last week at about 8:40pm ? :D

I was in the "Orange" mood for about half an hour and then switched off the TV due to very bad play from my home cuntry.

Yo James just keep your fruity at hand OK? It makes good quality snaps even at night.

I am a bit confused as you are saying more and more people are reporting seeing orange balls of light. Your post however makes it sound that this is/was some kind of strange event.

Just think of it, if you and a majority of people see these orange balls appearing in the sky and I do not, am I the one that is not normal?

It might be that we coexist in a parallel universe where (for a moment) our time lines have crossed and I just missed "Your Orange light Ball Event"

What if you organize a meeting with people that have seen those orange balls?

What if you organize a meeting with people that have not seen them?

What if you organize a meeting (50/50) with people that have seen them and those that have not?

I any case, lives (time lines) will be changed depending on the number of variables considered and the action chosen at a particular time or moment/event.

Just write down the moments in your life that you had to make or did make a significant decision that changed your life.

You did made the decision to post your alleged sighting of orange balls.

The question is: Why did you make that choice?

B)

Yo James just keep your fruity at hand OK? It makes good quality snaps even at night.

I am a bit confused as you are saying more and more people are reporting seeing orange balls of light. Your post however makes it sound that this is/was some kind of strange event.

Just think of it, if you and a majority of people see these orange balls appearing in the sky and I do not, am I the one that is not normal?

It might be that we coexist in a parallel universe where (for a moment) our time lines have crossed and I just missed "Your Orange light Ball Event"

What if you organize a meeting with people that have seen those orange balls?

What if you organize a meeting with people that have not seen them?

What if you organize a meeting (50/50) with people that have seen them and those that have not?

I any case, lives (time lines) will be changed depending on the number of variables considered and the action chosen at a particular time or moment/event.

Just write down the moments in your life that you had to make or did make a significant decision that changed your life.

You did made the decision to post your alleged sighting of orange balls.

The question is: Why did you make that choice?

B)

Alex as I think I mentioned at the beginning, after witnessing the event I checked online (see below google) to see if anyone else had seen it or if there was an explanation by some local authority. At this time I saw on google that in July and for some considerable time before this many people all over the world were posting similar things. You can take the piss if you want mate - I posted this originally to see if anyone else saw it.

http://www.google.co.th/search?q=orange+light+in+sky&hl=en&tbo=1&tbs=qdr:m&prmd=n&ei=BB1KTPHeCM2_rAeUnfG5Dg&start=10&sa=N

Dear James, I am a bit disappointed that you think I am trying to joke on you.

After all it was me that posted (Two times) some snaps of U.F.O before.

Yes I know many people will think you are a lunatic when posting such questions.

You have seen something unusual and you ask if some others have seen the same.

My question is: What did you think or how did you feel when witnessing this event?

I am not trying to make fun of you Bro just interested.

Alex

Alex:

People think I am a luni already mate ;)

How does seeing what I have seen make me feel? I am someone who looks for facts _ and while I wish someone else saw it and has some facts to say it was this or that (one can sleep better at night without the uncertainties) thus far I still don't know what it was.

I realise the world/milky way/ unviverse is a big place and we as humans in all likelyhood are not alone, however I don't subscribe to UFO magazine nor think the governments of the world are working with the greys either.

In the end I am glad I called the wife out to witness it for fear that without her confirmation, I may need to take the TV test for delusional members.

Ps I purposely don't wear a tin-foil hat. I want the aliens to read my mind and tell me what the heck is going on in there.