Portland Consulate? Non-Imm Ed Visa Questions

I have been calling and emailing the Portland consulate for almost a month now with zero response. I was wondering if anybody has used them within the past week or two for visa services? Want to make sure they are still around before sending my visa app to them.

I am attempting a non-imm ed visa and these are the questions I would like to ask the consulate, maybe some of you with experience can answer a few of them, here is my email that I have been sending to the portland consulate:

I have enrolled for a one year course with the Walen School of Thai Language and they have provided me with the necessary paperwork to apply for a 1 year visa. I want to make sure I do everything correct to get my visa and have a couple simple questions.

1. Will a regular monthly financial statements from my bank be okay to prove financial assets or do I need to get notarized/certified statements from my bank?

2. I am applying for a multiple entry visa asI would like the option to travel to some other countries if I have the time. Is this possible or should I play it safe and apply for a single entry?

3. My wife has a job arranged and will be applying for a visa at the same time as well. Can we mail both of our applications in the same Fed Ex Air package or do we need to mail both ofthem in separately?

4. All of my visa paperwork supplied by my school is in Thai with an exception of the main letter. I have heard that some consulates do not have employees who can read Thai, will this be a problem?

This is vacation time in the US for many so it could be a factor. As for questions.

1. What financial condition? All you need to prove would be access to 20k baht and normally that is not asked for home country applicants at most places. A single bank statement of more than $650 should do it.

2. If school says you can apply for one year and you do not wish to extend and are happy to leave every 90 days apply for it - the worst that would happen is they say no and only can issue single.

3. You should be able to mail both but be sure to keep the paperwork separated.

4. The main letter is likely what they will be interested in. Other paperwork they will file as supporting.