Scooby-Doo Books

rak sa_ngop

I have just come across 8 new titles of Scooby-Doo and You in the SE-ED Bookcentre, Silom Complex, next to the Sala Daeng BTS station. Price 65 baht each

This takes my personal collection up to 32 titles.

These books are dual language Thai-English of approx intermediate level although the English is a bit American slangy. However the Thai seems to me to be pretty straight forward.

Well worth it for Thai learners.

Scooby-dooby-doo

Thanks. Made me look in SE-ED and Kinokunia, Got 12 "Scooby-Doo Mysteries" today to add to the two Scooby-Doo and You;A Collect the Clues Mystery" Box sets (12 in each) which brings me to 36. Is yours a mix or have I missed some?

I also have 10 "Disney Fairies" books the are at about the same level; these are also Nation Egmont Thai-English.

ST.

Thanks. Made me look in SE-ED and Kinokunia, Got 12 "Scooby-Doo Mysteries" today to add to the two Scooby-Doo and You;A Collect the Clues Mystery" Box sets (12 in each) which brings me to 36. Is yours a mix or have I missed some?

I also have 10 "Disney Fairies" books the are at about the same level; these are also Nation Egmont Thai-English.

ST.

Looks like I have 4 'Scooby-doo Mysteries missing! Yes, I have 24 "A Collect the Clues Mysteries" You must have the complete set.

I have kept clear of all the fairies and goblin books as they are not so interesting to read.

A few years ago I bought 'Disasterous Dez' (2 titles) and 'Captain Fact' (4 titles). These are similar format (Thai English) and quite a good read. However I have not seen these books in the shops for quite a while.

Scooby-dooby-doo

I read the 24 scooby doo books and one of the Captain Fact books also. For a "next step", I recommend the Lemony Snickett books. I read a few of them then bought the entire series of 13 in Thai at Kinokuniya in Siam Paragon. The books are only in Thai but the English versions are available everywhere....including online (ahem). Overall, I think they did a very good job with the translation...in certain instances they completely changed sections to make them fit in Thai rather than just (mis)translate it word by word.

Looks like I have 4 'Scooby-doo Mysteries missing!

Kinokuniya in Paragon has several copies of all 12 so if you can get in there before the rush of TV members then you can complete your set.

Not see the other books you mentioned. Will keep a lookout. Some others are a "Princess" something set, but they are a bit little girly, and the "Pickle Hill Primary" which are also aimed at a younger age (he says with his Scooby books by his side. :whistling: )

Kikenyoy,

Thanks for the Lemony tip. Will try them when I am confident enough to lose my sta-bi-lisers :jap:

Happy reading!

ST.

Edited by Scottish Thailander

I was in Kinokuniya today in Siam Para; had a good scour around but couldn't find them - can you tell us what section they're in?

Thanx :)

When you come up in the lift that adjoins Kino you will see the cash desk in front of you to the right. Walk straight out of the lift, straight past the cash desk. At the end of the cash desk is a pillar then about five or six pace-lengths of books before you come to a gap on the right. Go through the gap, turning immediately right (you are now again facing in the direction of the lift but can't see it as it is ahead of you but slightly to the right and hidden by full hight bookshelves) and walk about three or four paces. Stop and face the shelves on your right. (Behind you is a big oval or rectangular island full of Thai kiddy books). In front of you, about three or four shelves up from the bottom, you will find Scooby-Doo.

ST.

The scooby doo books can usually be found at the book week fair at sirikit its set ussually biannually, the place is ussually in ground level left of the stairs going up. I bought atleast 20 of them from there last time they had a fair.

The scooby doo books can usually be found at the book week fair at sirikit its set ussually biannually, the place is ussually in ground level left of the stairs going up. I bought atleast 20 of them from there last time they had a fair.

edit: sirikit=queen sirikit national convention center (available through MRT)

Edited by 321niti123