Wikileaks Blocked

Thumpasuar

Has anybody else noticed that wikileaks.org is now blocked?  Never saw them post anything relating to Thailand and improbable they would as most of the leaks are from english nations.  Any way big bummer for me.  I like to keep tabs on the real news and we all just lost a valuable source of info.  <br>

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i went into google, typed wikileaks and click the first link thats blocked by the gov, second link brings me to wikileaks. However if i put www.wikileaks.org into the adress box it gets blocked. So a little false alarm but there is definitly some blockage going on.

ok i went into google, typed wikileaks and click the first link thats blocked by the gov, second link brings me to wikileaks. However if i put www.wikileaks.org into the adress box it gets blocked. So a little false alarm but there is definitly some blockage going on.

Yep, same for me in Bangkok. But some of the links in the google search results get through.

post-12743-015977100 1279598439_thumb.jp

I assume that the block is in place because of the links on that site to a video involving a certain person who cannot be named :)

Nevertheless, the block is annoying since Wikileaks does have some interesting, global news and 'scandal'

Simon

There has got to be some kind of true grass roots liberty movement in this country or else these people are surely doomed in the coming years. We are in the grips of an NWO takeover. This is an info war not just in the western word but world wide. The people know something is wrong here but they cant put their finger on it. They are misinformed dis informed or, know the truth and are afraid to break from the herd. Somebody with red blood and big cojones has gotta cut through the bullshit here.

Several hours ago I accessed the main page with no problems. I just went back to it now and tried to access a page in the website and I got this charming little BS message; (Translated from Thai)

Man I hate the redshirts.

Access to this information. Suspended temporarily

By virtue of the law administration in emergency situations, BE 2548.

The command center of the emergency situation.

An access to such information has been temporarily ceased.

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES).

under the Authority of Emergency decree BE 2,548. (the 2005th AD).

Has anybody else noticed that wikileaks.org is now blocked?  Never saw them post anything relating to Thailand and improbable they would as most of the leaks are from english nations

Yes, there is a page at wikileaks.org for Thailand. Most of the entries pertain to internet censorship in Thailand, and they also published Giles Ungpakorn's Red Siam Manifesto and another of Gile's work called "Coup for the Rich", although the latter two are not really "leaks" since they are very publicly and widely available. There are also a couple of news stories about Harry Nicolaides (the Australian who was charged with Lese Majeste), whom Wikileaks calls a "political prisoner". Unfortunately, Wikileaks takes a very definite bias and political slant in its Thailand category page. There is also one entry pertaining to the royal family, and I believe that is probably the one that got the entire domain blocked.

A democracy, lead by what is laughingly called a Democrat Party.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 5

now blocked on 3bb in samui !! ... but for reasons we must not discuss it can ' still ' be accessed

there is alot of new content, but since it has become widly publised in the recent days, and with ' Thai ' leaks on there, no wonder it is banned here