Jewellery Vanished 'After Thai DSI Put It On Display'

webfact

Jewellery vanished 'after DSI put it on display'

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Justice Ministry investigation is underway into complaints by a jeweller that his valuables, found in possession of red shirts who allegedly stole the items during their protests in May, went missing while in the custody of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI).

Many items in a set worth about Bt5 million disappeared after being put on display at a press conference after the protests ended. A team of military officers handed over the valuables to the DSI, and the owner never saw the whole set again.

The investigation is expected to be complete and results announced publicly by July 28, Fuengwit Aniruththewa, secretary to the Justice Ministry, said yesterday.

Two full sets of jewellery were stolen from shops in the Rajprasong main protest site, allegedly by red-shirt protesters. They were later found in Pathum Wanaram Temple, where the red shirts took refuge, and one set was returned to its owners. The other jewellery set is now in DSI custody, with many items missing.

A DSI source said many unauthorised people had access to the items in DSI custody and requested to view this set.

After the set was retrieved from the temple, the owner notified police, who produced a receipt before handing it over to the military, to be put on display at a press conference by the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation.

The military passed the jewellery over to the DSI and that was the last time the owner saw the complete set.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-07-20

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM instructs DSI to probe case of missing Bt5 mln diamond seized from Red Shirts

PM instructs DSI to probe case of missing Bt5 mln diamond seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot.

Justice Minister vows to take legal action against anyone involved

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-07-20

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items on DSI evidence list

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-07-20

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items in DSI directory /via @MCOT

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items in DSI directory /via @MCOT

Jewellery vanished 'after DSI put it on display'. (The Nation)

Contradicting enough?

Maybe, just maybe, the Red-shirt managed to steal it for the second time.

Why not, they did it in the 1st time.

It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.

Are you serious???? The law enforcers as you call them are the worst culprits.

How many people working for the DSI drive Mercedes or live in large mansions?

None. They all came to work on bicycle/free bus, and live in the free police flats behind police stations.

Those that did had all followed Khun Thaksin to shin Corp already.

None. They all came to work on bicycle/free bus, and live in the free police flats behind police stations.

555555:lol:

How wonderfully and sweetly deluded you are. Carry on young lady.

It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.

Being ironic I believe - nobody is that stupid.

Rucharee, please don't call Thaksin "Khun" - it makes him sound like someone worthy of respect.

<br>Maybe, just maybe, the Red-shirt managed to steal it for the second time.<br>Why not, they did it in the 1st time.<br><br>It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.<br>
<br><br>Yes, but like every branch of government officials, unfortunately they are also very greedy and corrupt !<br><br><br>

Now that's funny; looking forward to see what floats to the surface on this matter :lol: :jap:

Edited by Garry

I can believe this story as being very true. Jewellery will infact vanish if left alone for any lengthy period of time. This can happen anywhere in the world , although it could be more prevelant within Thailand. I can just see the process of the investigation ..........did you see the diamonds on my desk yesterday officer .... they were there when i went out for noodles sir ..........but when came back they vanished sir .....next day the cleaner arrives at work in a new BMW.....lol.. Amazing Thailand. :blink:

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

I can believe this story as being very true. Jewellery will infact vanish if left alone for any lengthy period of time. This can happen anywhere in the world , although it could be more prevelant within Thailand. I can just see the process of the investigation ..........did you see the diamonds on my desk yesterday officer .... they were there when i went out for noodles sir ..........but when came back they vanished sir .....next day the cleaner arrives at work in a new BMW.....lol.. Amazing Thailand. :blink:

True, very true. In fact, if you leave them alone permanently, they never reappear.

ROFLMAO Yep the KeyStone Cops at it again , This is just Super Typical ! Maybe there was a farang walking around the office when he went for noodles and was last seen in the BMW with the cleaner!!!

Edited by Seanextra

I see you missed the point. :coffee1:

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items on DSI evidence list

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-07-20

How could they possibly be missing? They weren't in the DSI evidence list...unsure.gif

I always thought the Yellow Shirts were deluded fools now its down in writing.