Patong Water Cost

Phuket Stan

Can someone please advise the current cost of government supplied

water in Patong....we were paying 35 baht a cube for over 8 years....now the project wants to raise it to 45 baht a cube...better than owning an oil well....is there any govt official that ie consumer protection group etc that can help or is it pi....g in the wind

I will try not to upset you too much.

I live in a small moo ban in Central Thailand and I pay 2 baht per cubic metre.

The only time it is more expensive is in the dry season when the supply stops and I drive to the klong and get it myself in the pickup truck and then it works out at 20 baht which is the cost of the diesel for the truck and gasoline for the pump.

My labour is free.

My next door neighbour has a resort and they pay 50 baht per cubic metre and it gets delivered from another klong by the government water truck.

Edited by billd766

The only time it is more expensive is in the dry season when the supply stops and I drive to the klong and get it myself in the pickup truck and then it works out at 20 baht which is the cost of the diesel for the truck and gasoline for the pump.

My labour is free.

My next door neighbour has a resort and they pay 50 baht per cubic metre and it gets delivered from another klong by the government water truck.

You dont upset me....u just show your ignorance....I am not Johnny off the boat today....I have been living here for a long time...I cannot relate central Thailand with Phuket....Why is it expensive ??? Come and live here for 3 months and enjoy it and find out.....most people knock Phuket for being expensive but in life u pay for what u get...I have several adopted families throughout Thailand and am aware of living in some moo baan where sighting another farang would be a big deal

My labour is free.

Really don't want to upset you, but my water is free, other than the electricity for the pump. And it's never been close to dry in the over four years I've lived in my house. That is of course, unless the power goes out...smile.gif Just curious, how many cubic meters of water does a normal household use a month? I don't have a meter.

My labour is free.

You dont upset me....u just show your ignorance....I am not Johnny off the boat today....I have been living here for a long time...I cannot relate central Thailand with Phuket....Why is it expensive ??? Come and live here for 3 months and enjoy it and find out.....most people knock Phuket for being expensive but in life u pay for what u get...I have several adopted families throughout Thailand and am aware of living in some moo baan where sighting another farang would be a big deal

I am sorry if you think I am ignorant but I cannot relate the price of water in different parts of the country and I certainly cannot understand why the water you buy is 17 1/2 times more expensive.

I also have been living in Thailand for a long time and where I live sighting another farang IS no big deal.

Where I live is comfortable to me and my family but living in an area where my next door neighbour is closer than 100 metres away is not my ideal area to live.

Hi

I pay 30 per unit,,,, just found out that i don’t have government water, :o did not know that at all, all 10 houses where i live get water from a very big tank filled by water trucks (some have own well) that’s why i have clean water and never run out, my bill is around 4-600 a month, i have my own well but don’t bother to use it right now, (don’t know how to set it up :blink: )

Hi

I pay 30 per unit,,,, just found out that i don't have government water, :o did not know that at all, all 10 houses where i live get water from a very big tank filled by water trucks (some have own well) that's why i have clean water and never run out, my bill is around 4-600 a month, i have my own well but don't bother to use it right now, (don't know how to set it up :blink: )

Is your water on a meter measuring you usage? Or do you just have to pay since you are connected to the projects water system? I ask because if they are going to charge you anyway, then why bother with a pump... But pumps aren't very much money and the plastic pipe isn't either. There's a shop on Fah Cho east at the intersection you would turn right if coming from Chalong to go to Phuket Immigration that has big water tanks outside. It's called Phuket Pipe Sales and Service that has everything to do a water system. They don't speak english, at least the guy I talked to, but was very helpful and explained the problem with my pump to me and said he would drive to my house and fix it if I couldn't for 300 Baht. I figured it out and works great again. Their number is: 07621-1889 in case you are interested.

Hi

I pay 30 per unit,,,, just found out that i don't have government water, :o did not know that at all, all 10 houses where i live get water from a very big tank filled by water trucks (some have own well) that's why i have clean water and never run out, my bill is around 4-600 a month, i have my own well but don't bother to use it right now, (don't know how to set it up :blink: )

Is your water on a meter measuring you usage? Or do you just have to pay since you are connected to the projects water system? I ask because if they are going to charge you anyway, then why bother with a pump... But pumps aren't very much money and the plastic pipe isn't either. There's a shop on Fah Cho east at the intersection you would turn right if coming from Chalong to go to Phuket Immigration that has big water tanks outside. It's called Phuket Pipe Sales and Service that has everything to do a water system. They don't speak english, at least the guy I talked to, but was very helpful and explained the problem with my pump to me and said he would drive to my house and fix it if I couldn't for 300 Baht. I figured it out and works great again. Their number is: 07621-1889 in case you are interested.

Hi

I have meter and they use meter reading, i have a store tank as well thats why i have the pump, all the pipes is connected to my well and also to the filter, i am just to lazy to get someone to have a look how to change over to the well and maybe clean/change the filter, i guess its a sand filter, i have no idea what i have

Hi

Hi

I have meter and they use meter reading, i have a store tank as well thats why i have the pump, all the pipes is connected to my well and also to the filter, i am just to lazy to get someone to have a look how to change over to the well and maybe clean/change the filter, i guess its a sand filter, i have no idea what i have

You should try the shop Jimi mentioned because I have used them as they are good honest people who will get your system on line & show you how to take care of it. Sand filters are easy to clean, just a matter of opening the correct valves to reverse the flow & flush the dirt out of the filter media to the drain.

• 2 weeks later...

sure, 35 baht/m3 is expensive compared to 2 baht/m3 (i pay 3b/m3 in cha-am) but unless you have a farm or car wash, how much do you actually spend? if you don't go crazy with water, maybe 500 liters/day inc. watering the garden and topping up the pool so 20b/day. i can live with that.

I live in Kamala and the rate I am charged is 15 Baht per cubic meter, my bill is never more than 400 Baht. However I also run 3 shops in Patong and pay the bill directly to the government at a rate of approx 27 Baht per cubic meter, I say approx because the more water you use the higher the rate per cubic meter you have to pay. I actually went to the government water office in Kathu and got the rate sheet as we use a lot if water in Patong, 5 -7 K per month.