Would You Buy Nexus One

I have been wanting to buy a Nexus One since it started release in January. I was hoping the "Not available in your Country" would change and now that Google is stopping the sale.:(

It seems that the only choice I have left is buying it at MBK with the risk of getting copy-ones or bidding the cheaper and probably more authentic ones from ebay with the risk of Thai Custom Tax, which I heard is 10-20%.

So, if you were I, would you buy one from ebay?

You can get both Desire and Nexus One from Bask1 - http://www.bask1.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=7555&pid=61696. 19,500 baht.

Several board members bought HTC Desires from this company with minimal problems.

Both phones are made by HTC. The major difference is that Desire comes with HTC's proprietary HTC Sense extensions. This is mainly eyecandy and if your priority is fast software updates and 2nd party roms the Nexus One may be a better choice.

Edited by Phil Conners

I did buy my Nexus 1 on eBay, using US paypal account and US credit card. The seller delivered it to my friends address in California for free (I have changed my credit card and paypal billing address for this).

My friend took it to me when he visited Thailand. No customs fee. Unlocked, brand new. I have paid 18,000baht worth of USD for it. It has 1 yr US warranty. I'm very happy with it.

I bought a new, unlocked Nokia 97 for 12,000baht worth of USD for my wife the same time. That time, if I were buying both phones in Thailand, it would of cost me 40,000-42,000 baht for both. I paid 30,000 baht for both.

Now the prices are little lower in Thailand, but still can not buy the 2 new phones for 30K.

Nexus One, usa 18,000 baht, here 19,500 baht, hardly seems worth the money unless you happen to pass by that way anyway.

6 months ago Nexus 1 was not 19,500 baht in Thailand!!! When it came out beginning of the year, MBK shops sold it over 25,000baht. Over the 6 months the price have come down to 19,500baht.

I bought my Nexus One 6 months ago for 18,000baht in US.

My colleague visit US twice a year and me once a year on business. Company pay for trip and is worthwhile to shop many things on eBay in US and hand carry to Thailand without paying customs.

I usually save 30-50,000baht per trip by buying items in US vs. Thailand. (electronic items, perfumes, make up, cremes, designer clothing, shoes and luggage.)