Party Time Tonight

dave2

i dont know what the partys for as im not the owner and have no connection with the bar but

STH Bar at the top of loi kroh road ( 100 yards down from the moat ) are having a party tonight and have

two ice sculptures .... something ive never seen in thailand before

balloons often mean free nibbles : ) ..... but i might be wrong : (

enjoy .... dave2

post-42592-005962600 1279628466_thumb.jp

post-42592-078432200 1279628515_thumb.jp

elektrified.

re ... but sadly there could not have been more than 5 people in there; including the employees

thats a fair comment and i accept that ... but thats two spending customers ( and three staff ) in one bar as opposed to most of the the other bars

that i looked in tonight that were empty ( apart from the " friendly staff " )... and have been for weeks !

how they keep going / earning a living by opening up every night .... ive no idea ..... but im glad i dont own one and never will

dave2

elektrified.

re ... but sadly there could not have been more than 5 people in there; including the employees

thats a fair comment and i accept that ... but thats two spending customers ( and three staff ) in one bar as opposed to most of the the other bars

that i looked in tonight that were empty ( apart from the " friendly staff " )... and have been for weeks !

how they keep going / earning a living by opening up every night .... ive no idea ..... but im glad i dont own one and never will

dave2

At 38K baht per month rent and up how long before we see shutters staying closed.

LOL.

The long established bars don't pay anywhere near that, or own the building.

But some natural selection in the bar world wouldn't be a bad thing; get things sized down to the way it was 10 years ago or so.

Most bars on Loi Khro have changed owners at least once in the past 4 years. I'm not talking about legitimate restaurants either. Bars in that area are being rented for 18,000 to 38,000 baht per month. 25,000/36,000/38,000/etc.I can only think of one bar that may own the prosperity and it is not on Loi Khro. The Chiang Mai Entertainment Center (Boxing) is another matter. 12,000 to 30,000 baht pm. I do agree that by natural selection a weeding out needs to take place. As long as these bars have a farang evolved that wants bragging rights to I own a bar in Thailand and don't mind losing money that maybe a while.

Most bars on Loi Khro have changed owners at least once in the past 4 years. I'm not talking about  legitimate restaurants either. Bars in that area are being rented for 18,000 to 38,000 baht per month. 25,000/36,000/38,000/etc.I can only think of one bar that may own the prosperity and it is not on Loi Khro. The Chiang Mai Entertainment Center (Boxing) is another matter. 12,000 to 30,000 baht pm. I do agree that by natural selection a weeding out needs to take place. As long as these bars have a farang evolved that wants bragging rights to I own a bar in Thailand and don't mind losing money that maybe a while.

most farangs dont evolve. fact.

Most bars on Loi Khro have changed owners at least once in the past 4 years. I'm not talking about legitimate restaurants either. Bars in that area are being rented for 18,000 to 38,000 baht per month. 25,000/36,000/38,000/etc.I can only think of one bar that may own the prosperity and it is not on Loi Khro. The Chiang Mai Entertainment Center (Boxing) is another matter. 12,000 to 30,000 baht pm. I do agree that by natural selection a weeding out needs to take place. As long as these bars have a farang evolved that wants bragging rights to I own a bar in Thailand and don't mind losing money that maybe a while.

most farangs dont evolve. fact.

And that's a fact. :lol: