Hutch Mobile Partner

Kan Win

Hi Folks,

Hope you could help me out.

I have just re-newed me Hutch for another year 10,000 baht in one shot.

As I move around in central Thailand it has worked at 153.6 kbps 60-90% speed for the passed 2 years which was what it should have done and did.

Now with the latest model EC150 I can get 2.4 mbs on me office PC, but only 153.6 kbps 60% on me Laptop in BKK just 2 clicks from me office.

Strange to me is this:-

PC in office uses EVDO and me Laptop uses CDMA with the same EC150 Usb. The settings are all on Hybrid.

Back in Kanchanaburi it is ever worst both PC & Laptop using CDMA 20-40%.

Kan anyone help me to get up to speed?

Sawadee :wai:

Simple answer.

To get the good speeds, Hutch needs to upgrade their antenna towers to the new (fast) EVDO system.

They have done this only with a very limited amount of antenna towers.

Some selected places in Bangkok you'll get the fast speed, but move just a few km, and you will hop onto the next antenna tower, and you'll fall down to the regular (slow) CDMA speed.

Actually the only place where they have citywide upgraded their network to EVDO is Pattaya!

If you are exactly between two antenna towers, one EVDO and one CDMA, your usb modem can switch between the two in a seemingly random way...There is no way to force it using the EVDO antenna, apart from moving closer to it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Simple answer.

To get the good speeds, Hutch needs to upgrade their antenna towers to the new (fast) EVDO system.

They have done this only with a very limited amount of antenna towers.

Some selected places in Bangkok you'll get the fast speed, but move just a few km, and you will hop onto the next antenna tower, and you'll fall down to the regular (slow) CDMA speed.

Actually the only place where they have citywide upgraded their network to EVDO is Pattaya!

If you are exactly between two antenna towers, one EVDO and one CDMA, your usb modem can switch between the two in a seemingly random way...There is no way to force it using the EVDO antenna, apart from moving closer to it!

Hi. I leave in Pattaya now. My home and office are a mere 1 km distance from each other. I pick up 2.4 mbps at both locations but somehow, my actual speed differs greatly (I checked transfer speeds at both location at about the same time and day), say, i pick up about 1.5 mbps at my office but go only 500 kbps at my condo. Would you be able to advise why that happens and what I can do to improve the speed at my home?

Thanks so much in advance.

Jackie.