True Brutally Throttling International Bandwidth During Primetime?

wintermute

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disbelieve your comment below.. But, what makes you know or believe that that is the case, in terms of their limiting encrypted traffic... Thanks...

but I think True has put a cap on encrypted traffic too so even though you can download at a broadband speed it won't be anywhere near as good as advertised.

Measuring the difference between the speed from tunneling w/ encrypted normal downloads and the speed of the same non tunneled normal downloads from non torrent sources.

There's some kind of hard cap on encrypted d/l speeds but i'm not sure if this is based on package or across all service levels.

True does disclose in their terms and conditions that they have varying total download amounts per hour, based on both their premium and regular plans... Premium with larger allocation and regular with smaller, and also varying by the speed of the plan, more for the "faster" more expensive plans.

I've never seen any disclosure or reference to encrypted content limits... though of course, that doesn't mean they're not doing something.

Just to be clear...

For my part with True, when I open ST and choose a channel to play, it plays fine.

When I try to go to the MyP2P web site at their web address, it would not connect or show anything there...at least today...

I'm in Pattaya and on my 3BB connection this morning I watched two baseball games on MyP2P with Stream Torrent with no problems.

I've never seen any disclosure or reference to encrypted content limits... though of course, that doesn't mean they're not doing something.

It's a fairly typical procedure for isps to do this once they go full bore with the anti-torrent protocols. Matter of fact every little thing True is doing right now has been heavily documented with other isps such as Comcast in the U.S. and Bell in Canada.

They pretty much are just copying everything other isps have done and just like with Comcast and Bell it will probably backfire on them one way or another.

Have you run any speed tests yet to international sites, like Speedtest.net (which may give high/false readings for some True custumers), Speakeasy.net, Dslreports.com, etc. This would help to see if your overall speed is way down, or whether it's just torrents.

Scan comp to make sure you are free of malware. A clogged upload pipeline will cause download speed to plummet. Make sure you set global upload speed limit in your Bittorrent to 2/3 of what True is giving.

No, the numerical ISP is no better than www.myp2p.eu, for True Hi Speed Premium in Chiang Mai. But thanks for the suggestion.

When I try to go to the MyP2P web site at their web address, it would not connect or show anything there...at least today...

MyP2P is working fine, btw.

Instead of using the web address, try http://77.247.179.83/

Today, both of the addresses -- the name one and the numbers one -- are working here with True in BKK...

Maybe the web site was having some problem of its own yesterday???

MyP2P is working fine, btw.

Instead of using the web address, try http://77.247.179.83/

Agreed, works on True in BKK

Today, both of the addresses -- the name one and the numbers one -- are working here with True in BKK...

Maybe the web site was having some problem of its own yesterday???

Change that to, "Maybe True was having some problem of its own yesterday..." ;)