Kite Surfing/Boarding

gymboy33

hi all,

thinking of taking up kite boarding, probaly take some lessons 8-10 hours to learn me the basics...

and if i enjoy it loads ,probaly buy the kit and carry on practising..

Anyone else any experiences with kite boarding in pattaya????

Been and checked out a couple of places in na jomtiem one in the blue lagoon place and another called clubloongchat..

one falang run and the other thai run...both with similar prices...

Probaly have lessons soon after uping my strenght/fitness levels after tyo much boozing at the wc in s.africa..

cheers

gymboy

Is one of those places located next to The View restaurant? I've been tempted to try out renting from them...seems they have a bunch of equipment and the place almost always has a few out doing their thing.

the falang run one in the blue lagoon place is next to the view restaurant

So what are the average prices and included services in pattaya/jomtien?

Have seen them always from the beach and it looks interesting, would love to try.

its about 8-10k baht for a about 8-10 hour coarse to get you on yr way,,

or a one hout lesson if you wanna give it a little go is bout 1500 baht

then its about 40-60k baht for a full kit..

then one place charges bout 500 baht a month if you wanna keep yr stuff there

but apart from that not much other expenses to think about

Have seen them always from the beach and it looks interesting, would love to try.

its about 8-10k baht for a about 8-10 hour coarse to get you on yr way,,

or a one hout lesson if you wanna give it a little go is bout 1500 baht

then its about 40-60k baht for a full kit..

then one place charges bout 500 baht a month if you wanna keep yr stuff there

but apart from that not much other expenses to think about

Go ask for an English Guy called Sam, he is a great teacher and very patient (and not Falang prices),

He is located on one of the Jomtien kitesurfing joints, problem is I cannot remember the name.

Go to the view. guys from New zealand and his thai wife was several times thai champion at windsurfing ( im into windsurfing) the kite boarding is also there and my mate reckons the staff there are really helpful and know their stuff, (he spends hours out on his board, looks like hard work to me\)plus theres a nice restaurant

Hi, I've just started kite boarding in the uk over the last 6months too, up and running now with the board and kite not got to many tricks yet though takes a while to learn jumps and proper kite control. Lessons are a must this is an extreme sport though the safety has been much improved with the bow kite and depower systems available these days, get yourself the beginner 'progression' Kiteboarding DVD itsos excellent and tops up your lessons with a gazillion extra tips. Here in the uk the water is rough so jomtien would be a delight to play on.

Oh to the chap who thinks it looks like hard work it really isn't, your kite us hooked into a harness so you literally need very light movements to keep moving but a lot more strength if working the kite it's great exercise. The problem is lack of kite control which can get you killed, I've seen so many beginners who waltz down to the beach with a cheap bit of kit bought of eBay get in big trouble as the wind lifts them in the power zone and the first thing they think is to cling on to the bar which makes the kite even more powerful!! So of they go dragged all over the place! Lessons are a must for the beginners safety and for other beach goers who wants a 12m kite flying at them out of control.

Have fun once you got the bug it doesn't let go.