Bang Saen Beach Dodgy At Nightime

Ikky Plush

I must admit it doesn't feel all that safe. If you're sitting on the beach at night, there is some lighting, but if anything should happen, you'd find yourself about 100m from the main street and still have to run through a darker area,under the palm trees, to get back to the street. There is a police station somewhere in the middle of that strip.

I usually hang around the northern end, just after where the beach ends (1st curve). You can park the car under the palm trees and rent chairs from the first food stall, it's not on the beach but there's still a wonderful view with the wafes crashing on the rocks. I wouldn't swim in that area anyway.

I must admit it doesn't feel all that safe. If you're sitting on the beach at night, there is some lighting, but if anything should happen, you'd find yourself about 100m from the main street and still have to run through a darker area,under the palm trees, to get back to the street. There is a police station somewhere in the middle of that strip.

I usually hang around the northern end, just after  where the beach ends (1st curve). You can park the car under the palm trees and rent chairs from the first food stall, it's not on the beach but there's still a wonderful view with the wafes crashing on the rocks. I wouldn't swim in that area anyway.

I like that area too.

Nothing major has happened to me there but it was the first place in Thailand where kids would stare at you they cruised along in their cars/trucks in the sneering way they do back here in this area of the UK. Also, their driving can be dangerous at the end near the public toilets (near the roundabout with big beach sign on it). That part seems a bit seedy to me. Nice in the daytime though.