Bicycle Shop On Phuket

silp1979

Hi

Looking to buy some good quality mud guards for my MTB.

I only know the Kata bike shope west coast riders or sth. like that, but they just had plastic short mud guards. I prefer metal and full coverage.

Anybody knows where to get it? Or buy online???

• Like 1

You could try Thalang Bike shop.

Head towards Heroines Monument go straight over as if you where heading towards the airport. At the next set of lights go straight over. Keep looking on your left hand side you will see Thalang bike shop.

Keep a close eye out for it or you will miss it.

59/1 Moo 1

Thepkrasattri Rd

tel 076 274 352

You could try Thalang Bike shop.

Head towards Heroines Monument go straight over as if you where heading towards the airport. At the next set of lights go straight over. Keep looking on your left hand side you will see Thalang bike shop.

Keep a close eye out for it or you will miss it.

59/1 Moo 1

Thepkrasattri Rd

tel 076 274 352

I called the above shop, they only have the plastic stick on mud guards like west coast bike shop :(

I've only ever seen plastic both here and Aus. Better buy online plastics prefered because it's lite and durable.

I just want the FULL mud guards not just little peaces to attach to the bike. It should be screwed to the bike frame!

where to buy online for an affordable price?

I just want the FULL mud guards not just little peaces to attach to the bike. It should be screwed to the bike frame!

Try Evans and wiggle i have used both evens uses UPS not so good as you get charged more Duty

Evans

wiggle

Wow old school..... I was in LA Bicycles in Phuket Town today but didn't see any, they had plenty of LA bikes with them maybe need to go in and ask. The owner speaks good english. Does your bike have the attachment points?

There is a small bike shop in Bangtao. I am going there tonight to watch TDF. If that is near by for you I can get a telephone number and you can ask them.

it is not near but I would not mind the drive if you ask would be nice

any online buying website in thailand for bike gear???

Recent addition to Phuket bicycle shops is "You Can bicycle" shop in Bangtao which is run by three local brothers all ride road bikes and do triathlon. They kind of do it as a hobby business in their spare time and after hours, as they all have jobs. Long rides often leave from there on a Sunday mornings. They are small but very friendly and reasonable prices and order in parts on request. They service road bikes and MTB, Chana is one of the owners and his contact number is 0898727802.

Edited by Bluedan

This is no online buying, just some scanned in flyers without price...pretty useless website

Well, you could try to call them or you want me to do it for you?

phone numbers http://www.la-bicycle.com/th2/service.html

LA THAILAND HEADOFFICE

LA Bicycle (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

58 Moo 2, Oam-Yai, Sampran

Nakornpathom 73160, Thailand

TEL : 02-8127951-54, 02-8194488-9

FAX : 02-8127051

• 2 weeks later...

Thalang bike would be the best Phuket MTB shop. However, if you want to put full mudguards on a mountain bike, you need to check how "mountain" the bike really is. Assuming the bike has front suspension, then traditional front guards cannot be mounted without drilling thru the arch, and even then probably finding incompatability with the axle skewer mounting. You could probably jury rig some clamps/zipties. The rear needs to be checked for the mounting point on the seat stay arch and you may also run up against a similar skewer problem or attch to rack tabs if fitted. I'd suggest the plastic short guards. On the front you could add a "crudcatcher" which actually works well. The rear could be combined with a rack/guard arrangement. If the bike has rear suspension, you're probably limited to whatever you can attach to the seat post.

Otherwise, swap the bike for a street bike:rolleyes:. Hope this helps

Thalang bike would be the best Phuket MTB shop.

Thalang bike-shop is the most expensive shop in Phuket and owner is also a very unfriendly person.

But people say that you must go there in the late afternoon. Sometimes he enjoys to much tigers and he makes quite good prices.

Always find him very helpful even if i am not spending any money in there.

Thalang bike would be the best Phuket MTB shop.

Thalang bike-shop is the most expensive shop in Phuket and owner is also a very unfriendly person.

But people say that you must go there in the late afternoon. Sometimes he enjoys to much tigers and he makes quite good prices.

Well, I have found ALL bike shop staff/owners in Phuket friendly. B)

I have a number of higher end MTB's [XC to DH] and had work done by a few of the shops. The reason I consider Thalang the best, is that they are full time, stock quality components [although you'll have to order that $$$$ Saint or SRAM XX kit!], perform good work, on time, and at reasonable prices.

Sorry, I can't comment on the owner's beer taste as I prefer Heineken!

At the risk of getting off thread, the best bike shop in Thailand? Stock-wise that would be Pro bike in Bangkok. However, IMHO the best shop is Jacky Bike, a bit far away though in Chiangmai, - trash your bike in the morning, fixed by evening with custom machined parts.... gotta love that!

• 5 weeks later...

Recent addition to Phuket bicycle shops is "You Can bicycle" shop in Bangtao which is run by three local brothers all ride road bikes and do triathlon. They kind of do it as a hobby business in their spare time and after hours, as they all have jobs. Long rides often leave from there on a Sunday mornings. They are small but very friendly and reasonable prices and order in parts on request. They service road bikes and MTB, Chana is one of the owners and his contact number is 0898727802.

Where in Bangtao can I find this shop?

If you're heading from Kamala it's on the right hand side about 1km before the turn off to Laguna.

• 1 year later...

If you're heading from Kamala it's on the right hand side about 1km before the turn off to Laguna.

Location of You Can Bike shop in Bang Tao

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ftid=0x0:0x0&q=7.980031,98.29284&t=h&cad=src:ppiwlink&ei=5eusT9axBK3BiQe_0O2EBQ&dtab=2