Hotest And Driest Place In Thailand Again Today

stevehaigh

We are in a drought here and do need more rain. Usually this time of year it rains every day in the afternoon which cures the dry season drought plus cools things a bit. This year is much dryer with only sporadic rains every few days.

As for the heat, I hate it too and if I had done more research before I moved (to Thailand) lock stock and barrel six years ago I would not have made the move due to that fact alone. It's always too hot for me, even in the winter, and after six years I have still not acclimated to it so I think some people just never do while others (mainly British, northern Europeans, and Canadians that I know) love it because they are sick of cold weather.

Personally, I'd love to be able to go out and roll in the snow right now!

Strange, i have had 24 hours here now from Samui & have spoken to Friendsm on the Phone & i have said that is noticeably cooler here than on Samui & it was also a fortnight ago when i was here..

Oh & HH has had more rain in the days i have been there in the past Month ( 5 days in total ), than Samui has had in the past 6 Months..

Must admit, since my last post, on this thread, it has rained almost daily; only one heavy one, but lots of smaller showers. I just drove past the main water reservoir beside the flyover south of town and it is full so I guess the drought may be over for now.

Maybe a touchoff topic, but where would you guys consider to have the most agreeable climate in Thailand, i.e., lowest mean temperature and best (regular but not raining for weeks on end) rainfall.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Maybe a touchoff topic, but where would you guys consider to have the most agreeable climate in Thailand, i.e., lowest mean temperature and best (regular but not raining for weeks on end) rainfall.

not sure there is such a place but phuket isn't bad

lucky you are getting rain in HH but out in the countryside behind cha-am we are getting sprinkles but that's it. the water holes barely have 10cm of water in them.

I like Loei province in Issan. They actually have a three or four month (cold, at least at night) winter there and temperatures below freezing sometimes. It's where my wife is from and I love going there in the winter to get away from the heat.

• 3 weeks later...

year to date rain for hua hin is 363mm

see http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/cdms/Daily/DailyObserved7AM-en.pdf

that's the lowest in Thailand

normal for this time of year should be about 450mm according to this

http://www.climate-charts.com/Locations/t/TH48475.php

maybe the rain will pick up next month but if not something this year, i see big problems next dry season. the water holes around here are still barely more than puddles