Best Newspaper

ciaociao

I also enjoy reading pattaya today and pattaya mail. Also, pattaya mail has a good advertisement section. Reason interested in knowing which paper has the largest circulation.:huh:

They both have online versions now, the Mail is weekly but i think Today is still every 2 weeks so with that in mind the Mail probably gets more copies out there.

I also enjoy reading pattaya today and pattaya mail. Also, pattaya mail has a good advertisement section. Reason interested in knowing which paper has the largest circulation.:huh:

They both have online versions now, the Mail is weekly but i think Today is still every 2 weeks so with that in mind the Mail probably gets more copies out there.

How long before somebody starts The Daily Pattaya and publish's once a month :unsure:

Pattayamail and Pattaya People both weekly, Pattaya Today every 2 weeks often the news is out of date by then.

Pattaya People is light on content as a lot of the pages are in thai, dutch, french etc.....

But strangely enough online the Mail is only updated weekly the day after the hard copy puplication, but the Today seems to be updated daily:blink:

The Walking Street Journal, i thought was the best because it didn't pretend to be anything apart from trashy monger news. The rest of them seem to be back slapping of advertisers and friends of the owners with very little 'news' or informed opinion.

The Pattaya Mail is really the only credible publication of the Pattaya papers. It alone has been awarded the best media awards for the country's press association, an industry group made up of media professionals. The PM has won the award, I believe, something like 12 of its 17 years in print. The other papers never even get acknowledged by their peers.

The fact its been around 17 years also says something.

Pattaya Mail is also the only pub with audited circulation of 10,000 copies distributed here, Sattahip, Rayong, Bangkok, Siracha, etc.

Pattaya People is a scandal tabloid with tiny stories, many with wrong facts, as they rushi it online (just like the awful Pattaya Daily News) and don't check names, etc. and don't correct it when it's wrong. Pattaya Mail gets the same raw copy, but has the time and the farang editors to check that stuff.

Pattaya Today is, as noted, only out every 2 weeks and is largely irrelevant.

The Pattaya Times is the biggest BS rag of them all. They flat out lie, saying their the second largest paper in Thailand, but have no audited circulation and just because they print more copies, doesn't mean anyone reads them. The paper is there to serve the interests of the lawyer who runs it and the "Scoops" he gets, such as the huge crackdown on farang-owned bars everyone jumped up and down about -- are just fairy tales, as that one was.

Pattaya Mail is the only one with four native english-speaking editors, three of them from the US and England.

Shame about their website, tho.

I'd like to quote a post from 2007 when we had this subject already:

"Pattaya Today"?...............Worth reading in the toilet if there's nothing else.

"Pattaya Mail"? .................Tear it up and stick it on a nail behind the toilet door.

"Pattaya People"? .............Wouldn't even give it the honour of my backside.

:clap2:

//edit: here's the link: