Keyboard Backing Tracks

doppa

unfortunately the old keyboard doesnt have a usb port, there must be close to 100 songs that i programmed into the hard drive, now i want to retrieve them onto a memory stick, any ideas who may be able to do this , thanks.

The only possible solution is # if there is a floppy drive you can try to save to floppies then transfer to usb on different computer

# access keyboard hard drive with different computer and copy contents. files may be .midi format

Khun Doppa spake thus

unfortunately the old keyboard doesnt have a usb port, there must be close to 100 songs that i programmed into the hard drive, now i want to retrieve them onto a memory stick, any ideas who may be able to do this

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Doppa,

We assume that by "keyboard" you mean a midi-capable musical instrument with a built-in hard drive, and no ability to save files to a built-in floppy disk ...

Assuming this keyboard has midi-in and midi-out ... and no other communication port ...

Is it possible to locate software (from the keyboard manufacturer ?) that might be able to access the files via midi, or that some third party music composition software connected by a midi interface on a PC could access the files. Do you have the original manual that might tell you something about the internal storage format ?

If you knew that the internal hard drive had a standard hardware interface (like IDE, or ATA), and you knew it used a standard partioning format like FAT or NTFS, might be possible to pull out the hard-drive and then mount it on a PC ?

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

This is a subject close to my heart, but for the life of me, I can't quite get the Thailand/Chiang Mai connection!

Download cubase or something from the internet

and do a midi dump in real time from each file.

If you can't download it, then go and buy a copy from Panthip Plaza.

Why do you want to transfer them, and to and from what?

A little more info would be helpful to give a more informed answer

david

well i'm in chiangmai, which i believe is in thailand, just asking the kind folk on here for a hand, thats all.

thanks for all the info, but it appears ive manged to solve the problem with a touch of simplicity, by reading the manual!:blink: