Car Rentals

evanson

with no creditcard, at the airport they have brand new jazz for 800baht a day and in phuket town on the main road righ tbetween kodak and fujitsu theres a guy renting decent cars for 600-800bath a day (hes alone on his side of the road) i dont know how to explain it better hehe

I was shopping car rentals lately for a road trip out of BKK, and talked to/checked with most of the major providers...

In the end, Thai Rent A Car had the best deal, and was running a good rates promotion on their web site.

The promotional rate mentioned above is even better, and they have a banner in front of their main office on Petchburi Rd. in BKK advertising it... But I'm not sure what kind/size of car it covers.

When I rented from them, it was on a promotion, but not the 600 baht one...so I don't know the details of that.

From their web site, I believe their rentals include some basic insurance in the rental price. But in my case, we ended up opting to pay a bit extra to get the no liability/no deductible kind.

with no creditcard, at the airport they have brand new jazz for 800baht a day and in phuket town on the main road righ tbetween kodak and fujitsu theres a guy renting decent cars for 600-800bath a day (hes alone on his side of the road) i dont know how to explain it better hehe

Hi, may I know which car rental company is renting the new Honda Jazz at 800baht a day at the airport? I think its kind of reasonable after looking at many other car rental websites from phuket. As we will be arriving at phuket for a few days, we would be interested to rent it for that few days. Could you provide us the name and location of this counter to rent the car when we arrive at the airport? would it be necessary to book the car with them in advance by email or online? Thanks in advance for your reply.

every single small shop renting cars, rent them for that price

Hi, may I ask if it is safe to say that it does not matter which one of these small shop we rent the Honda Jazz from? They are all reliable shop with pretty much the same deal? Is there a particular shop that is more reliable or trustable (i.e no hidden cost or trying fleece you with all sort of excuses after one has rented from them)? Thanks once again.

Hi

If you rent from every single small shop renting cars just make sure the insurance is 100% so you dont get a big surprise

Hi,

Pardon me for asking how can we be assured that the insurance is 100%? Is there a standard insurance contract in English which I can check to be sure that all are included when I rent the car from these small shop?

Thanks much.

Hi,

Pardon me for asking how can we be assured that the insurance is 100%? Is there a standard insurance contract in English which I can check to be sure that all are included when I rent the car from these small shop?

Thanks much.

Usually these contracts are in both Thai and English. I would read very carefully in order that you understand your liability and what the insurance actually covers. And if there is any initial amount of damage you have to pay for. Usually the case that the hirer has to pay the first 10 or 20 Thousand Baht of any damage.

AVIS usually has very competitive "Prepaid-rates" too. last time I had rented a car through them (in June) it was around 800 Baht a day. Call their head office in Bangkok to find out about those prepaid-conditions. you will have to book and pay several days in advance. google for AVISTHAILAND. I have rent cars with virtually all players in the Thai market, and found them to be the best. well-organized, cars in good condition (BUDGET disappointed me deeply in UBON !) and in general easy to deal with. as for a good and trustful Company in Phuket, google for PURE RENT CAR. maybe they can match those prices if you ask friendly ^^

im sorry for the lack of info but i usualy just let my girlfriend do the talking..

she cant remember the name of the one we usualy use for sure.. but she said it was something like 'white wood' but in thai.. my gaow? sounds like this when she's saying it.

Its on the left side if you're coming from the airport.. its 1mins tops after the airport gate. i think the shophouse is yellow.. they have a small front and backyard on the side with nothing but cars..

last time i rent an avanza for 800 a day.. brand new.. told them it was for phuket. id rove it back and forth from bangkok for a week.. they didnt say anything

Could someone advise what a typical basic car insurance here in Phuket includes? What are the other important add-on supplementary insurance to reduce one's liability to a minimum or zero such that the insurance is comprehensive or complete? What are the typical cost of a basic car insurance and add-on supplementary insurance for a rental car? Thanks much.

Could someone advise what a typical basic car insurance here in Phuket includes? What are the other important add-on supplementary insurance to reduce one's liability to a minimum or zero such that the insurance is comprehensive or complete? What are the typical cost of a basic car insurance and add-on supplementary insurance for a rental car? Thanks much.

usually those cars at reputable companies come with a full insurance, but 5000-8000 THB deductible in case of a damage/accident. you can exclude that if u pay an extra fee of about 160-250 baht per day (which is money well spent if you are a newbie to Thailands roads and even if u r an experienced driver here).

Always looking for offers when over there and just ran a check with Avis which looks good but then at the bottom of the page they say....

"The rate is not included V.A.T., Accident Insurance, Optional Service.

The lessor reserves the right to service on mentioned rental period only"

They obviously follow the airlines by given you what appears a good price then typ Thai style......PLUS.......tax ,insur,sunshine,vat,funny comic,fuel surcharge...Eh...

One day ... :rolleyes::annoyed:

Will stick to the guys that we use.... :huh:

every single small shop renting cars, rent them for that price

Does anyone has any positive experience renting from these small shops? Positive experiences as in the rental process is very transparent; no hidden cost that surprises you, anything that is optional is really optional from a "norm-perspective" and up to you to decide if you want it, e.g. if it is first class insurance then it really is and not trying to disguise a basic non-comprehensive insurance as a first class insurance, also not trying to get more money from you with all sort of reasons/excuses during the rental period or at the end of the rental, and good customer services like helping you when car breaks down, etc.

Would appreciate if you could name a few of the better ones (if they exist) among these small shops? Thanks much

• 3 weeks later...

Now that i am back from Phuket a week ago, maybe I can provide some info regarding car rental at the airport. Immediately as we exit the baggage area there are a number of car rental company including Avis which we were told a rental charge of 1500bahts per day (all-in) for an economy car. We decided not to rent from them since we understand from this forum that a car only cost as little as 800bahts to rent so we went out of this hall area to "another section of the airport" (i.e just a few more steps away) that is nearer to the airport arrival hall exit and there are a couple more car rental companies like Budget, National, etc and their price are fairly similar at about 1100-1200bahts per day for a Toyota Vios, including insurance (excess payable is 5000bahts max if involved in accident) and the deposit needed (via credit card) is 20,000bahts. Any additional hours exceeded will be chargeable at 117bahts(National) if I remembered correctly. The Toyota Vios we rented from National was ok (not Brand new but in good condition). At the end of the rental. we top up the petrol to Full Tank (from about 4bars left) and that cost us about 750Bahts at the Shell petrol station on the way to the airport. Hope this is helpful to anyone who is also renting car for the first time in Phuket. Cheers.

Note: By the way, we did not manage to find any car rental company that we had asked that will rent the brand new Honda Jazz for 800bahts per day, the minimum car rental rate it seems was around 1100bahts at the airport?

Well, I took the services of http://www.turkeyrentalcars.com when I visited turkey recently and I was glad to choose them. They charged quite reasonably and moreover had number of pick up and drop points. They offer services in other countries as well. You may check out their booking engine and book your car online saving lot of time. But be sure you book the car well on time so that you don’t get stuck in a hap-hazard situation at the last stage.