window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({article:'auto'}); !function (e, f, u, i) { if (!document.getElementById(i)){ e.async = 1; e.src = u; e.id = i; f.parentNode.insertBefore(e, f); } }(document.createElement('script'), document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0], '//cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/aseannow/loader.js', 'tb_loader_script'); if(window.performance && typeof window.performance.mark == 'function') {window.performance.mark('tbl_ic');} Jump to content

Air Asia

techno

Just booked a return flight for 4 persons with AIr Asia from CNX to Phuket in March 2011 for 7792baht inc airport tax and vat. Special offer l think until 24 July 2010 but they may extend it as it is a new route for them from CNX and they are competing with Thai but that should not be difficult. Flew with Air Asia from BKK to Bali last March and it was really good service and on time even though the flight left BKK at 6.15am so involved an overnight stay in BKK. Now looking for a hotel in Phuket. Any ideas?

I flew airasia CNX-HKT too just last month - I think I paid approx 1500THB including extra baggage which I thought was superb considering thai air are charging 5000THB+ on that route (it was actually closer to 7000THB when I booked).

flight was on time and cut out a whole lot of crap involved with going to HKT via BKK.

re hotel - you'll need to provide more info:

budget?

area? (patong, kata, karon etc?)

interests? (nightlife or relaxation?)

I flew airasia CNX-HKT too just last month - I think I paid approx 1500THB including extra baggage which I thought was superb considering thai air are charging 5000THB+ on that route (it was actually closer to 7000THB when I booked).

flight was on time and cut out a whole lot of crap involved with going to HKT via BKK.

budget?

Off course they can be cheap. Last time I flew with Thai Air Asia I observe that the safety briefing was very poor and short. In addition I observed that they did not have any safety card/ brochure in the seat pockets.

This tells me that the low fares is possible at the sacrifice of safety concerns. Afterwords I did a check of the registration numbers on the plane, and found the plane was an 25 year old museum piece 737-300 which they operate 8 off.

Six off them had their first flights in 1984/ 85 and the two newest had their first flight in 1986. Old scrap I think if you ask me.

NO MORE THAI AIR ASIA FOR ME!!!:annoyed:

budget?

Looking at a hotel inPatong close to shops for the wife,restaurants and nightlife. Must be clean and not to noisy at night as at my age looking for relaxation as well as a swimming pool,bars close by. Willing to pay up to a max of 1500baht a night

Thanks for your help

budget?

Off course they can be cheap. Last time I flew with Thai Air Asia I observe that the safety briefing was very poor and short. In addition I observed that they did not have any safety card/ brochure in the seat pockets.

This tells me that the low fares is possible at the sacrifice of safety concerns. Afterwords I did a check of the registration numbers on the plane, and found the plane was an 25 year old museum piece 737-300 which they operate 8 off.

Six off them had their first flights in 1984/ 85 and the two newest had their first flight in 1986. Old scrap I think if you ask me.

Budget a max of 1500 a night with breakfast. Close to shops,beach and nice relaxing place to stay. l may split my 9 day holiday into 2 staying at Patong and Kata

PS Some of Thai Airways and Nok planes are old as well especially the 747/400s and 737s. Most of Air Asia's jets are Airbus A319/320 and fairly new

Any advice on hotels in Phuket much appreciated

budget?

Im surprised tbh - I can only speak from personal experience but I have flown airasia approx 5 times and one thing I remembered about each flight was the aircraft felt & looked new - modern exterior & interior, leather seats etc.

bangkok airways is my favourite domestic airline (although they are a total rip-off on the samui route :bah: ) but airasia wipe the floor with nok & 12go and thai air if you ask me.

and if we are speaking about old planes then nok & 12go would be a good starting point. <_<

budget?

Looking at a hotel inPatong close to shops for the wife,restaurants and nightlife. Must be clean and not to noisy at night as at my age looking for relaxation as well as a swimming pool,bars close by. Willing to pay up to a max of 1500baht a night

Thanks for your help

try 'seasunsand'. seasunsand

I've stayed there about 5 times. it's on the second road approx 5 min walk from bangla road, jungceylon mall and the beach (in a different direction).

pool and sauna available and I got it for 900THB a night recently - I think the normal low season price is between 1000-1500THB including breakfast but I went without breakfast and haggled them down as a returning customer. high season is usually 2000-2500THB but you should be ok for the lower price in march.

although it's close to bangla road, it is very quiet as the rooms are tucked away off the road.

rooms are big and clean and I found the staff friendly.

there was a problem at the hotel with safety deposit box theft by staff a few years back but I've never had any problems and I'd imagine the culprits have already been dealt with as it created some bad press.

if seasunsand doesnt float your boat then try asiarooms.com or if you leave it to last minute try ratestogo.com.

budget?

Thanks for your help

try 'seasunsand'. seasunsand

I've stayed there about 5 times. it's on the second road approx 5 min walk from bangla road, jungceylon mall and the beach (in a different direction).

pool and sauna available and I got it for 900THB a night recently - I think the normal low season price is between 1000-1500THB including breakfast but I went without breakfast and haggled them down as a returning customer. high season is usually 2000-2500THB but you should be ok for the lower price in march.

although it's close to bangla road, it is very quiet as the rooms are tucked away off the road.

rooms are big and clean and I found the staff friendly.

there was a problem at the hotel with safety deposit box theft by staff a few years back but I've never had any problems and I'd imagine the culprits have already been dealt with as it created some bad press.

if seasunsand doesnt float your boat then try asiarooms.com or if you leave it to last minute try ratestogo.com.

Many thanks for your help

budget?

another whiner bashing AirAsia........ just for your information, AirAsia's fleet is younger than the fleet of THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL. yes they still do have some of B-737-300 but that's nothing to worry about. do you know how many hundreds of them still fly in the US, for example ? and they regularly get brandnew A-320 every other month or so, phasing out the old B-737.

I have more than 100 flights on the three different existing AirAsia-subsidiaries, and never ever found a safety card missing (why u did not ask the crew then ? it's your own fault ! another passenger of an earlier

flight may have taken it with him) Oh and their safety instruction and the cabin crew's general safety attitude is MUCH better than that of THAI AIRWAYS (the THAI AIR cabincrew couldn't care less in many cases).

having said this, by far the best option, the youngest fleet, and the best performance will probably be Bangkok Air forever, But unfortunately do not fly to many destinations

another whiner bashing AirAsia........ just for your information, AirAsia's fleet is younger than the fleet of THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL. yes they still do have some of B-737-300 but that's nothing to worry about. do you know how many hundreds of them still fly in the US, for example ? and they regularly get brandnew A-320 every other month or so, phasing out the old B-737.

I have more than 100 flights on the three different existing AirAsia-subsidiaries, and never ever found a safety card missing (why u did not ask the crew then ? it's your own fault ! another passenger of an earlier

flight may have taken it with him) Oh and their safety instruction and the cabin crew's general safety attitude is MUCH better than that of THAI AIRWAYS (the THAI AIR cabincrew couldn't care less in many cases).

having said this, by far the best option, the youngest fleet, and the best performance will probably be Bangkok Air forever, But unfortunately do not fly to many destinations

well said.

as I mentioned previously, in my experience, airasia aircraft always felt and looked new.

for the record, I think thai air are rubbish - I'd expect a hel_l of a lot more for some of the prices they charge.