Slander Laws?

callum06

I am wanting any advice on how to approach forming a case of "slander" against my employer here in Thailand.I do have writen statements from other employees backing my case up and want to know the best way to proceed with this.

Cheers

Callum06

I would say your on a non starter as what you say or has been said will for sure be a mistake of translation.

BUT, what is this slanderous situation.

Not if my employer is a westerner :) So nothing lost in translation there.

Common slanderous and defamation laws in Thailand. I'd like to hear this myself. Stand-by, my friend - as I'm sure there are a handful of Thai law experts throughout the membership here at TV.

Common slanderous and defamation laws in Thailand. I'd like to hear this myself. Stand-by, my friend - as I'm sure there are a handful of Thai law experts throughout the membership here at TV.

Same here, my lawyer in the UK could follow this up but its a ballache going through him as he isn't here in Thailand. Any lawyers hanging around that want to post their opinion?? cheers TV.

Edited by callum06

What do you mean? What do you want to know? Surely you just go to a solicitor and he does the rest?

Surely surely surely!! Just want some information before i start splashing some cash..... understandable don't you think?

Sorry- I'm not trying to be difficult. But if you have actually been slandered and you have witnesses, shouldn't you just go for an initial consultation? Maybe your best question is "can anyone recommend a good defamation lawyer"?

Sorry- I'm not trying to be difficult. But if you have actually been slandered and you have witnesses, shouldn't you just go for an initial consultation? Maybe your best question is "can anyone recommend a good defamation lawyer"?

Thanks for the reply. I am leaving the country in 4 weeks time and this C@NT needs to be taught a lesson, as the reason i want to see if its worth spend some cash on lawyers fees (Which i am more than willing if i get some advice here). Cheers for the replies.

What do you mean? What do you want to know? Surely you just go to a solicitor and he does the rest?

Surely surely surely!! Just want some information before i start splashing some cash..... understandable don't you think?

Yes Thailand has libel and defamation laws. No off you go to the lawyers to get an opinion on whether you have an actionable case. Everything else is just speculation and titillation from the unqualified.

This law company is in the Thaivisa directory bangkoklawonline.com

Why not email them with the details and ask whether you have a case, and what it will cost to prosecute.

This law company is in the Thaivisa directory bangkoklawonline.com

Why not email them with the details and ask whether you have a case, and what it will cost to prosecute.

Cheers.

And/or let use know the juicy details for an opinion to whether your waisting your cash. If your Sir Elton John or similar then go for it but if not !!!.

Now that could be used against me in a slander case then :rolleyes: Just wanting a bit of advice first. Secrets will follow later :jap:

And/or let use know the juicy details for an opinion to whether your waisting your cash. If your Sir Elton John or similar then go for it but if not !!!.

Now that could be used against me in a slander case then :rolleyes: Just wanting a bit of advice first. Secrets will follow later :jap:

Surely that would be libel then? lol.

I think your best bet is a FREE initial consultation with a reputable lawyer. I'm sure that some TV sponsors could give you advice.

Surely that would be libel then? lol.

I think your best bet is a FREE initial consultation with a reputable lawyer. I'm sure that some TV sponsors could give you advice.

I would hope so :D