Community Shield, Man Utd V Chelsea, What Channel ?

Carlosm

I know the community shield between Man Utd and Chelsea is 2 weeks away, but, Truevisions say they are NOT showing it (no surprise there) and the local Thais tell me its not on Thai tv either. It looks to be a cracking game so does anyone know how to view it... i need my footie fix soon !

I would be very surprised if it was not on local Thai TV. Wasn't it last year ? A big ad revenue is awaiting!

Its hasn't been on Thai t.v. for a few years now and the local Thais, who own the local cable company, don't expect it to be this year... but hey ho, fingers crossed :-)

I would be very surprised if it was not on local Thai TV. Wasn't it last year ? A big ad revenue is awaiting!

No it wasn't shown on the regular channels last year - but certainly some of the Bars that have Overseas channels available will be showing it. Unlikely that most people will be able to watch it at home.

I understood that it was part of the package that Truevisions bought together with the FA Cup rights for 3 seasons starting last season. It certainly was on TrueSports last year.

I haven't seen any Truevisions ads for the Community Shield or the Premier League yet, seems strange that they are not using it to promote Truevisions. Maybe they don't have the rights for next season.

Thanks to everyone for their input. When i contacted truevisions a few weeks ago they said they were NOT showing it. But, in truevisions fashion they say they ARE now showing it and have just started to advertise it on their website at this address - http://www.truevisionstv.com/enhance.aspx?enhance_id=1182

I know its an obvious saying for this but, "TiT", at least we only have to wait 2 weeks to get the footie season up and running.... come on you gunners !!! :lol:

Edited by Carlosm

According to the True shop that I went to pay my bill, they say it may be only shown on the HD channel. They also said a lot of the bigger matches may be the same. Its probably just to get people to sign up for the HD package that they are saying it but I already have it so I can't see why they would need to use that tactic on me. May be a sign of things to come though.

Wouldn't be like TRUE to squeeze some more baht out of their customets would it ? Any comments on the quality and worth of the HD channel ?

The quality is brilliant, but you need to have an HD tv, if you don't have one its not worth the price in going out to buy one. I found it good value during the world cup as I stayed in more to watch the matches rather than going to the pub. But I suppose its each to his own on that. For me its worth the 290thb a month.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe I would be in this situation. not knowing if or not my channels will show the game! GRRRRR

they advertise it...but from the past week experience, its a bit unrealiable. and I dont know how to check the schedule

I dont even know who the provider is :lol:

BUT - this being a ManU Chelsea game, it dont really care either way if I get to see it or not :whistling:

Well that was enjoyable - quite competitive for a Charity Match. Scholes is still as master, and surprisingly Carrick played pretty well.

Fabio was good at left back. John O Shea looked as off the pace as John Terry. Nice to see Valencia run Cashly ragged down the right. Nani - indifferent until his lil pass to Berbatov at the end. VDS outstanding. Hernandez scored the funniest goal I have seen in a while - at least he will remember it. Rooney was good. Owen was off the pace. Park was Park.

Well that was enjoyable - quite competitive for a Charity Match. Scholes is still as master, and surprisingly Carrick played pretty well.

Fabio was good at left back. John O Shea looked as off the pace as John Terry. Nice to see Valencia run Cashly ragged down the right. Nani - indifferent until his lil pass to Berbatov at the end. VDS outstanding. Hernandez scored the funniest goal I have seen in a while - at least he will remember it. Rooney was good. Owen was off the pace. Park was Park.

Good summing up James. A reasonably decent game and delighted to see Chelsea lose again. I was impressed with Fabio in particular. Scholes was excellent and seems like Giggs to defy age but surely SAF has to find a replacement, and limit the amount of games he has to play, because he's going to be feeling it big time by Christmas. Can't see Owen getting a look in with Berbatov and Hernandez looking already a decent fit.

Edited by carmine

Good summing up James. A reasonably decent game and delighted to see Chelsea lose again. I was impressed with Fabio in particular. Scholes was excellent and seems like Giggs to defy age but surely SAF has to find a replacement, and limit the amount of games he has to play, because he's going to be feeling it big time by Christmas. Can't see Owen getting a look in with Berbatov and Hernandez looking already a decent fit.

An extra word of praise for van der Sar.He will be 40 in October and shows no sign of it. I thnk the stats will show he was by far the busier of the 2 keepers. Not the same plusses though for Michael Owen he indeed seems to be well off the pace and desire and is holding Macheda back.A good night all round and justifying SAF's statement that the squad,albeit eary days, is up to it.