Moo'S Saturday Barbecue?

grumpyoldman

post-18822-076555300 1280724169_thumb.jp

Thanks Old Croc....can't get any more explicit than that! I am brand new to the island, and have no idea where Don's is or was... YET! The name of the road would be good also, but the map will do.I love Mexican food and even have loved a few of their women years ago.

I too am new here, about a month, and have also been trying to spot the famous Dons Mall.

I believe this place is it(someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it's being demolished. As of this morning only about 1 third of it still stands.

post-18822-090013300 1280739745_thumb.jp

The demolished Don's Mall are the buildings with the blue roofs to the lower left in the photo.

This photo although has an imprint of 2010 is shot is 2008 as the Palm Breeze Resort across the street from Don's mall and to the left a bit is still just dirt in the photo. It was completed in late 08.

Reason for edit:P.S. Bunta71 the road is called Sai Yuan

Edited by grumpyoldman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo although has an imprint of 2010 is shot is 2008 as the Palm Breeze Resort across the street from Don's mall and to the left a bit is still just dirt in the photo. It was completed in late 08.

The image date is 14 March 2009.

In case anyone hasn't updated Google earth recently, the latest version doesn't have that hazy cloud cover over the south of the island like the last one did. Also a new feature allows you to check historical versions of GE with a slide control.

This is the same area in Feb 2004

post-18822-047622000 1280750463_thumb.jp

Edited by Old Croc

Thanks Old Croc....can't get any more explicit than that! I am brand new to the island, and have no idea where Don's is or was... YET! The name of the road would be good also, but the map will do.I love Mexican food and even have loved a few of their women years ago.

Los Amigos, next to the Nai Harn Lake, serves really good Mexican food, me thinks....

Just got back from Moo´s.

They had the tex mex buffet. Tacos with all the trimmings sans sour cream.

BBQ pork ribs, masaman chicken and potatoes, roasted potatoes, salad, quesadillas and for sweets, pineapple and watermelon. Bread buns, also.

The food taste and freshness was excellent. The ribs fell off the bones and quesadillas and masaman was worth it.

When we left, they had about 20 people there.

Service was very good, all staff (I guess some are her friends helping her) attentive and very very polite and smiles everywhere.

So for Moo, 5 stars.

For the three idiot falangs talking about the colors of their nose $hit and what comes out of the other holes, shame on you. It was embarrassing to be a falang.

I am just back from Moos also, and agree with everything said in the previous post.

Moo will be holding the buffet night on the second Saturday each month to start with.

Listening to people talking there were quite a few ex dons customers who were happy

with the food and service and will be returning.

The food is topped up regularly so its always fresh.

Moo is only doing it once a month to start with so she can improve the buffet as she goes

along and keep everyone happy, i wish her the best of luck.

For the three idiot falangs talking about the colors of their nose $hit and what comes out of the other holes, shame on you. It was embarrassing to be a falang.

???????? !!!!!!! What? Were these guys drunk or no-manners muay thai boneheads?

Thank you Peter and Somtamnication for the reviews, as soon as I'm off the current diet I'll roll in there to try it out and hope not to be by the people talking about their waste production.

???????? !!!!!!! What? Were these guys drunk or no-manners muay thai boneheads?

Thank you Peter and Somtamnication for the reviews, as soon as I'm off the current diet I'll roll in there to try it out and hope not to be by the people talking about their waste production.

Completely agree with all the positive things said about Moo's buffet, it was great.

Got a different view of the " idiot falangs " though,

my take was,

two older and balding guys congratulated the other one on what I think was his 61st birthday and enviously mentioned his head full of thick dark hair,

complaining that the only hair growing on their head now was a different colour and now grew out of their nose and ears.

Seemed like lighthearted (maybe a bit loud) banter about growing old and did not involve any bad language or the word $hit.

• 1 month later...

We went to Moos tonight for the barbecue buffet, unfortunately she is not doing it at present because

she only had 10 people turn up on the first night and catered for 30, no one can afford to run a business

that way.

Talking to her and she seems a really nice honest person she is going to try again, and is arranging

advertising with the Phuket Gazette and wants to put more tables in the restaurant, a good buffet only

works if you have plenty of customers, not the balloon chasers and people who want something for

nothing., that's what she wants and is trying her best to do, i wish her the best of luck.

WE had the Mexican food and although i am not normally a fan of if we booth enjoyed it.

Moo's organizing another all-you-can-eat-bbq next Saturday October 9th. @ THB 240 p.p.

We went to Moos tonight for the barbecue buffet, unfortunately she is not doing it at present because

she only had 10 people turn up on the first night and catered for 30, no one can afford to run a business

that way.

Talking to her and she seems a really nice honest person she is going to try again, and is arranging

advertising with the Phuket Gazette and wants to put more tables in the restaurant, a good buffet only

works if you have plenty of customers, not the balloon chasers and people who want something for

nothing., that's what she wants and is trying her best to do, i wish her the best of luck.

WE had the Mexican food and although i am not normally a fan of if we booth enjoyed it.

Moo's organizing another all-you-can-eat-bbq next Saturday October 9th. @ THB 240 p.p.

Speaking of BBQ's in Rawai, has anyone tried the Chao Khun Saturday night BBQ? It's only 199 ( as opposed to Mamas and Papas at 175 on Friday night or Moo's 240).

Do you or anyone else know if Mamas& Papas and Moos have Thai food as well as farang food in there buffet.

Mamas and Papas no, but a bunch of Thai restaurants in the immediate vicinity and I don't think they would care much if your missus came back with some somtom.

I have heard feedback that the Thai Food at Moo's is not good.

Name a Mexican food restaurant here that is.

Although gone right off Mexican since being here. Watered down 'spicy' for the wusses who either can't or won't eat Thai food.

Name a Mexican food restaurant here that is.

Los Amigos (by the Nai Harn Lake) best so far....but off topic...

Or more 'snacky' burnt tortilla is currently a fave..

Great presentation but I thought a little bland. I still miss the Mexican style food that used to be on the way to Chalong Pier but closer back to the circle. Has anyone asked Moo if she is going to do Xmas dinner as without Don's there will be a bit of a gap to fill.

Xmas dinner at Moo's have a great time, for sure not a place i would want my Xmas dinner, when i am home for Xmas i want Xmas food, real Xmas food and i will go to a Farang place to get that kind thats for sure, but hey thats only me.

Xmas dinner at Moo's have a great time, for sure not a place i would want my Xmas dinner, when i am home for Xmas i want Xmas food, real Xmas food and i will go to a Farang place to get that kind thats for sure, but hey thats only me.

Hey, we should all help paying for her new nose job :lol:

Hey, we should all help paying for her new nose job :lol:

The food and service was good and it was value for money last time we went, why not support a developing body OOPS i meant business.

Hopefully she'll slowly expand her buffet offerings to get close to what Don used to offer for 199. As it is now, it's about half of what he had and more expensive, even though her overhead is much less. I too go to Moo's on non BBQ days when my daughter wants a chicken parm and I want Mexican.

I second that. Good food. Spaghetti was a bit cold, but they did have fire under the pan. The sauce was great. This time they had roasted potatoes. The bbq ribs were succulent. Good crowd as well.

So for those of you who complain but have not yet been there, you are missing some great food.