Travel Wallet

leininger

I have been looking for and unable to find a travel wallet. I do not even know if this is what it is called, but it is a wallet with a strap which goes around your waist. It has a velcro closure, zipper for money pouch and slots for credit cards, ID etc. It is a tremendous item. You cannot lose it and is also good as you do not need pockets to carry it. The one I got was a free gift for working at the habitat for humanities thing, but many of my friends wish to buy one and I have looked around but cannot find any for sale. If anyone knows where they would be available, the info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

There is another kind with a loop that goes around your belt and you tuck the wallet into the front of your trousers. No one can see it, so better IMHO.

Yep I agree, keep it tucked in the front of your trousers, out of sight!

I bought a "North Face" approx 8" flat 2 zippered pouch in Bangkok at a street shop selling all kinds of bags. I use it when I travel. There are 2 inside pockets for cards. I keep my house keys, cash and passport. It straps around your waste and I keep it inside my pants unseen. You can wear it either in the back or the front, your choice.

I have seen these for sale everywhere, from the markets to the big stores.

Problem I have with most of them is that the zips always break after a short time. It is OK to wear them in Chiang Mai, but would not fancy wearing one in Bangkok or Pattaya. Not safe.

I believe Central in Kad Suan Kaew has them. Bought a good one a while back with slots for passports, dosh etc.

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to get one of those ridiculous assbag things. It's 2010 and people are still wearing them, advertising to the world they have something of value. Folk should be heavily fined and locked up for a day or two to mull over their actions, while the dil who invented them should be hung, drawn and quartered. :rolleyes:

This = discreet, safe, logical

31WJmFGvjcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This = complete and utter :jerk:

hulk_hogan_fanny_pack2.jpg

Thanks everyone. People I know who are looking for wallet go to Robinson's so I will tell them. I agree the kind that fit in front pocket are very good, however this kind is better for me as often I wear running pants and no belt. So usually wear it under long shirt, in the front.

I believe Central in Kad Suan Kaew has them. Bought a good one a while back with slots for passports, dosh etc.

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to get one of those ridiculous assbag things. It's 2010 and people are still wearing them, advertising to the world they have something of value. Folk should be heavily fined and locked up for a day or two to mull over their actions, while the dil who invented them should be hung, drawn and quartered. :rolleyes:

This = discreet, safe, logical

31WJmFGvjcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This = complete and utter :jerk:

hulk_hogan_fanny_pack2.jpg

If they give awards for great posts I am putting you up for it . I all most fell off my chair when I scrolled down and saw the hulkster.

Is that a wallet that goes around your neck and under your arm beneath your shirt?

I have seen these for sale everywhere, from the markets to the big stores.

Problem I have with most of them is that the zips always break after a short time. It is OK to wear them in Chiang Mai, but would not fancy wearing one in Bangkok or Pattaya. Not safe.

I am not sure which you got but I bought my 5 years ago for about $1.5USD and it is still good. Buying stuff in SEA is always hit and miss especially with zippers. As a note, I have only used it 1 of the 5 years. As I wrote, I only used it while traveling.