Marrying A Thai Lady

oggie911

Lucky Larry: I have been married to my Thai wife for 21 years we have a 17 year old Daughter.

If you have more than one wife, then I can see why you would use a modifier to distinguish your wife. But why call her a Thai wife if you only have one? Is she somewhat lesser than a normal wife? Unless you are using the stereotypical connotation of "Thai Wife" that you mention later in your post.

"Like it or believe it not, most of the Ladies !!! who marry Farangs have come from or have worked in Bars Clubs ect."

Also why does every guy that has been married to a Thai national who is from a good background, think that everyone besides himself is married to a Bar Girl?

Sounds like another pompous statement of "I am better than everyone else. "

I will agree that it seems that many foreigners in Thailand marry women from more rural and economically poor backgrounds, but the other statement is just plain stereotyping and ignorant.

OP.

Good luck.

You will without a doubt have a long road to climb to go through all of the paperwork and things. It will either bring both of you much closer and stronger or it will divide you. That is life though and happens to any marriage or relationship no matter the ethnic or cultural backgrounds.

The only thing that I would worry about is her adjustment and feeling of alienation that she might experience in your home country. I hope that her skills as an office worker can be fully utilized in your country. Many times having a good job and feeling accomplished keep equality in the relationship. You might want to think about staying in Thailand if she cannot find good work in your country.

Good luck again.

Well unless you have your head where the sun dont shine, most Farangs that marry Thai Woman do meet them there future wives in Bars or such like, where do you think that they stumble upon each orther, iff there future Wives do infact come from proper employment, Factory, store, or any form of work where is a record of wages, then the Visa problem is no problem, my wife comes from Esan she used to work as a waitress in a Hotel, wages just 2000 baht per month, but she had worked there for three Years, her visa for the U k was granted same Day that she applied for it, No job, no bank Acc, and then it is not easy and for good reason

Lucky Larry: I have been married to my Thai wife for 21 years we have a 17 year old Daughter.

Also why does every guy that has been married to a Thai national who is from a good background, think that everyone besides himself is married to a Bar Girl?

That's because "my girl is different"

If you have more than one wife, then I can see why you would use a modifier to distinguish your wife. But why call her a Thai wife if you only have one? Is she somewhat lesser than a normal wife? Unless you are using the stereotypical connotation of "Thai Wife" that you mention later in your post.

"Like it or believe it not, most of the Ladies !!! who marry Farangs have come from or have worked in Bars Clubs ect."

I will agree that it seems that many foreigners in Thailand marry women from more rural and economically poor backgrounds, but the other statement is just plain stereotyping and ignorant.

OP.

Good luck.

You will without a doubt have a long road to climb to go through all of the paperwork and things. It will either bring both of you much closer and stronger or it will divide you. That is life though and happens to any marriage or relationship no matter the ethnic or cultural backgrounds.

The only thing that I would worry about is her adjustment and feeling of alienation that she might experience in your home country. I hope that her skills as an office worker can be fully utilized in your country. Many times having a good job and feeling accomplished keep equality in the relationship. You might want to think about staying in Thailand if she cannot find good work in your country.

Good luck again.

Well unless you have your head where the sun dont shine, most Farangs that marry Thai Woman do meet them there future wives in Bars or such like, where do you think that they stumble upon each orther, iff there future Wives do infact come from proper employment, Factory, store, or any form of work where is a record of wages, then the Visa problem is no problem, my wife comes from Esan she used to work as a waitress in a Hotel, wages just 2000 baht per month, but she had worked there for three Years, her visa for the U k was granted same Day that she applied for it, No job, no bank Acc, and then it is not easy and for good reason

Like it or not most women who work in hotels are available for take out if you get my meaning. Making poor wages they are usually up for a flyer. I am sure your wife was not that kind of girl but please don't ignore the experience of many men who have stayed in many hotels in Thailand and never found the need to go to a naughty nightlife venue.

OP.

Good luck.

Good luck again.

Like it or not most women who work in hotels are available for take out if you get my meaning. Making poor wages they are usually up for a flyer. I am sure your wife was not that kind of girl but please don't ignore the experience of many men who have stayed in many hotels in Thailand and never found the need to go to a naughty nightlife venue.

BANG you cant say that it's not TRueee.........

I have heard that it happens

she works for herself her office employs 20 staff so she would have her own cash never tought of that i tought some one in ireland would have to sponser her, and she not want money off me if she goes to ireland as her sister run the company when she is away and she can use her credit card. she asked me over to thailand to stay in her home for the 6 months,but i owe her about 50,000 baht as my credit card got stolen or i lost it,i told her ill pay her back but said there is no hurry, was in thailand many times in the start i was with bar girls they only want money ,ma,ma sick,baby sick feel for all that crap b4,but this not the same she buys stuff for me,:blink:

what I cannot understand is you are sick benefit approx €205 per week €820 per month that is 33620baht per month, unless you have a house to rent out at home times will be tough for you here to survive, OK there are farangs who survive on 30000 per month and some quite well, there is something else to consider unless you are on invalidity pension you are not allowed to leave the country while on sick pay.

bringing her to Ireland is easy you need about €5000 in bank to show you can support her while on holiday 3 months max needs to e done at least 3-4 times to show a relationship otherwise your long stay visa may be refused.

have u-dells of info on visa to Ireland, been there done that.

I have known my Thai wife for 17 years and we have been married for 10 of them.

It works for me and a lot of other happily married TV posters.

However as usual the doomsayers are out in force.

Take a chance while you can.

It will either work or not and the best of luck to you as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct , It takes two to have a happy marriage,

she works in an office? you have no money ? does she know you have no money ? do you have a house of your own for the 2 of you to live in ? what makes you think that this hi so thai lady is going to come to shi**y cold miserable ireland and be happy ? i am from belfast and if it wasnt for the money my wife was making and the house i have then my wife would not be staying here , it is hard enough for her with the cold weather she hates it especially the cold and rain in "summertime". think carefully before you do anything , wait untill you have a house and job at the very least !! but good luck !!

• 2 weeks later...

Like it or belive it not, most of the Ladies !!! who marry Farangs have come from or have worked in Bars Clubs ect. think about it I have lived in Thailand fo 22 years + many Holidays before that I must have known at least one hundred guys that have tried the bar girl marrige, at least 90% have lost it all House,Car, Cash, above all there sanity. A good guidline is if thet jump in to your bed in lets say less than six months alarm bells must ring,

Oh so true Luckylarry ..i was but not any more one of them90% stupid farang was married for 5 years before i decided enough was enough ..

Now i have met some one who as never ever worked in a bar she dont drink nor does she smoke..she as a master and bachelor degree and teaches in the university and she makes her own money...she comes from a very well of family,,she as her own house own car ,etc and she never wants for any thing the complete opposite to what i was married to before

And it took a long time and a lot of dates before we ended up in bed together... But as she as slept with me with in the 6 months period like you say then alarm bells should be ringing....and maybe she is not such a good person after all ... I am sorry to say you are talking out of your ass if you say that a person who sleeps with some one with in less than 6 months then alarm bells should be ringing !!!

Edited by welsh1

• 2 weeks later...

I have known my Thai wife for 17 years and we have been married for 10 of them.

It works for me and a lot of other happily married TV posters.

However as usual the doomsayers are out in force.

Take a chance while you can.

It will either work or not and the best of luck to you as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct , It takes two to have a happy marriage,

I'm reminded of the pioneer spirit, in the old American west, when couples loaded up their meager possessions and started on

a journey to fulfill a dream of a better life. Main difference now, as I see it, is all the nay-sayers wishing to rain on your parade.

she works for herself her office employs 20 staff so she would have her own cash never tought of that i tought some one in ireland would have to sponser her, and she not want money off me if she goes to ireland as her sister run the company when she is away and she can use her credit card. she asked me over to thailand to stay in her home for the 6 months,but i owe her about 50,000 baht as my credit card got stolen or i lost it,i told her ill pay her back but said there is no hurry, was in thailand many times in the start i was with bar girls they only want money ,ma,ma sick,baby sick feel for all that crap b4,but this not the same she buys stuff for me,:blink:

AFTER REEDING THIS IS THEIR ANY DOUBT THIS IS A DIASASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

One thing to add: The irish consulate in bangkok and indeed the irish nationalisation and immigration service are incompetent beyond belief. To get married you will need an affidavit from them. This will take 5 weeks. When it comes to applying for a tourist visa it takes 6 weeks. As an example applying for a german tourist visa takes 5 days and an Aussie took us 4 days. Absolute disgrace and im irish (ashamed).

small office,even less staff. remember ireland is a small country. they still conduct themselves professionally. i had a good experience so will you.

If you don't have anything to offer other than saying this is a disaster waiting to happen, do not post here.   Derogatory posts without substance do the forum no good, and any further posts will be deleted.

Hmmm, you don't say how long you've been coming to LOS, and whether you intend for you both to live permanently in Ireland.

However, for my 5 cents worth, if you are intending to live in Ireland, you definitely need for her to visit before you get married.

I've lived a couple of years in Ireland, and could not tolerate the winters.

Thais like to associate with other Thais- are there any others where you live, for her to meet?

Are you able to receive your benefit in LOS? IMO, that would be the better option, as you could live in LOS.

I sympathise with you, as I'm currently living with my Thai fiance in LOS, but eventually will have to take her "home", though I'd much rather live here.