Secret Soi And Golden Triangle Hooligans Unite!

OH no! Did Sneds sell the beast?

Aye he did! Shocking I know! But the good news is that Doughboy is the buyer so the K8 remains "in the family" so to speak ;)

Going to be awesome riding with another GSX-R 1000 on the next big ride in August. Can't wait!

Ride On!

Tony

^^ Nice video!!

You might want to consider getting a decent connection. True or 3BB are now pretty good, both have offerings with 1Mbit upload, which is what you want when uploading huge video files. TOT has its moments but usually sucks. I have 3BB 10/1 now and it delivers on the 1Mbit upload, I monitor it constantly (you might say obsessively ;) )

Thanks for sharing - you had loads of fun! I would have liked to try and catch up on a tricked out RD 350 or RD 500. As somehow I find my riding style changes with the bike.

We seem to have stopped at the same spot:

Ride on!

Chris

post-7704-019102500 1280399134_thumb.jpg

post-7704-075741700 1280400218_thumb.jpg

Was that taken with the 2000 baht cam Tony??

Glad to see you still have an eclectic selection of music for use on youtube :P

No- I picked up a GoProHD when I was back in the US. Very trick little camera! You can see it on the bike in this photo:

072410SSRGTRMHSZmSSR.jpg

It comes with a ton of different mounts so you can stick it just about anywhere. Dunder had the same camera stuck to his helmet when he crashed but unfortunately he must have hit his head because the video file was corrupted. A real shame as it would have been a lot of fun to see the crash from his point of view! :lol:

DunderDownSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Here's a fun vid of me trying (and for the most part failing!) to keep up with Luke (Dirthonk) on his DRZ 400 lol_sign.gif

He carries amazing speed into the corners while I must confess I'm a bit more cautious (chicken?) icon_mrgreen.gif and my ~180 Hp was no match for his fearless riding.

Awesome!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Was that taken with the 2000 baht cam Tony??

Glad to see you still have an eclectic selection of music for use on youtube :P

No- I picked up a GoProHD when I was back in the US. Very trick little camera! You can see it on the bike in this photo:

072410SSRGTRMHSZmSSR.jpg

It comes with a ton of different mounts so you can stick it just about anywhere. Dunder had the same camera stuck to his helmet when he crashed but unfortunately he must have hit his head because the video file was corrupted. A real shame as it would have been a lot of fun to see the crash from his point of view! :lol:

DunderDownSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

awesome! your right...those guys take corners at speeds that make me dizzy,...then again i am not exactly the fastest rider in the world...most visible for sure!

Here's a fun vid of me trying (and for the most part failing!) to keep up with Luke (Dirthonk) on his DRZ 400 lol_sign.gif

He carries amazing speed into the corners while I must confess I'm a bit more cautious (chicken?) icon_mrgreen.gif and my ~180 Hp was no match for his fearless riding.

Awesome!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Awesome video!!

Nice videos and nice video music. ;)

Only thing hat can scare me sometimes are animals. You guys have never had any encounters with dogs, buffalo or anything? Couple of times I've gotten a dog that was going to walk out and one time had one lying in the middle of my lane napping.

Only thing hat can scare me sometimes are animals. You guys have never had any encounters with dogs, buffalo or anything? Couple of times I've gotten a dog that was going to walk out and one time had one lying in the middle of my lane napping.

Most dogs hear my bike from a long ways off and clear out. The occasional dog that doesn't get out of the way gets run over. Fortunately most Thai dogs aren't that big so running them over with a bike really isn't much of a problem. Ride On! Tony

Most dogs hear my bike from a long ways off and clear out. The occasional dog that doesn't get out of the way gets run over. Fortunately most Thai dogs aren't that big so running them over with a bike really isn't much of a problem. Ride On! Tony

Just don't brake whilst hitting them; the loss of traction of shredded guts plus locked brakes could be disasterous.

Dogs are not too bad, it the buffaloes that are a little harder to plough thru. :)

Dogs are not too bad, it the buffaloes that are a little harder to plough thru. :)

you need more speed to get through these ones...

you need more speed to get through these ones...

Must test that theory one day. Of course there could be benefits if I survive :lol:

post-6366-082320400 1280716735_thumb.jpg

post-6366-050919500 1280716756_thumb.jpg

post-6366-005189700 1280716778_thumb.jpg

LoL.

I always thought if I ended up hitting a dog at 150+ I'd fall for sure. Anyone here actually hit a Thai size dog at a high speed and not fallen?

yes i was on a ride with a guy on a VFR and he hit a dog at high speed with his gf on the back. nothing happened to the riders or the bike, cant say the same for the dog. i think this guy is a dog magnet though.. isnt the first time and wont be the last. ride on through!

LoL.

I always thought if I ended up hitting a dog at 150+ I'd fall for sure. Anyone here actually hit a Thai size dog at a high speed and not fallen?

I ran over a dog a few years ago on my Ninja 250R doing about 120km/hr on the 304 from Chachoengsao to Bangkok. Was after dark and raining. When I saw that pooch in the middle of the road I thought I was going down for sure. Went right over the mutt and coasted to a stop figuring I had to have damaged something on the bike. Nothing- not a bent rim, tweaked fork, not a scratch.

Since then I've bumped a few dogs but not run one over recently. I really do believe that a loud pipe gets the dogs attention. The Ninja 250R had stock pipe and was super quiet. All my subsequent bikes have been a bit on the loud side. ;)

Ride On!

T

• Like 1

LoL.

I ran over a dog a few years ago on my Ninja 250R doing about 120km/hr on the 304 from Chachoengsao to Bangkok. Was after dark and raining. When I saw that pooch in the middle of the road I thought I was going down for sure. Went right over the mutt and coasted to a stop figuring I had to have damaged something on the bike. Nothing- not a bent rim, tweaked fork, not a scratch.

Since then I've bumped a few dogs but not run one over recently. I really do believe that a loud pipe gets the dogs attention. The Ninja 250R had stock pipe and was super quiet. All my subsequent bikes have been a bit on the loud side. ;)

Ride On!

T

Definitely a fan of noise Tony. Most of the Soi muts head for the hills when I come down the road, except my dog. Little bastard (term of endearment) comes running down the Soi when he hears me coming home. On more than one occasion I've almost squished him when putting my foot down for the side stand. He'll learn, pain is a wonderful teacher...!!!

One consolation, the Buffalo's over here are like big puppies, not like the 'psychopathic smash you into the ground until you're a bloody pulp' buffalos in Africa

LMAO! Good one Garry! In Thailand the "psychopathic smash you into the ground until you're a bloody pulp" Rot Kwai is called a "Fortuner". Unpredictable and highly aggressive creatures they should be approached with caution! :ph34r: Ride On! T

Edited by BigBikeBKK

LoL.

Ride On!

T

Definitely a fan of noise Tony. Most of the Soi muts head for the hills when I come down the road, except my dog. Little bastard (term of endearment) comes running down the Soi when he hears me coming home. On more than one occasion I've almost squished him when putting my foot down for the side stand. He'll learn, pain is a wonderful teacher...!!!

Would love to have a straight through exhaust bolted on, but unfortunately Pattaya policemen wouldn't be too kind if I blipped the throttle (accidentally on purpose) while they are standing at a soi corner giving out tickets! whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

whilst on my zx10r following my buddy on a 998R at " spirited speeds" along highway 1148, the duke hit a dog at 130-140km/h, dog went spinning like a ten pin bowl, bike stayed straight, no major damage done to either bike or dog( small limp excluding), them thai dogs are certainly made of thick stuff. i thought he was a gonner for sure!!