Bringing Cash Into Country

Hi everyone.

I am coming to bangkok in 2 weeks and I have 2 questions :

1.I have heard that the maximum cash to bring in is 15 000 $ or equivalent

If its more , I have to `register´ it,

What are the consequences of `registering the money´ and is it just a question of declaring it at the airport

2. Most of the money is to invest into my manufacturing business here ,is it legal to do it with cash or does it officially have to be with transfer ?

Apologies for the 2nd question but I am `in between accountants at the moment

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated

Thanks in advance

It is $10K

must be declared or risk forfeit. Fill out the form and state your reasons.

I really do not know why idiots post this misinformation, there is NO restriction:-

) Foreign Currency

Foreign currencies can be transferred or brought into Thailand without limit. Any person receiving foreign currencies from abroad is required to sell such foreign currencies to an authorized financial institution or to deposit them in a foreign currency account with an authorized financial institution within 360 days of receipt, except for foreigners temporarily staying in Thailand for not more than three months, foreign embassies, and international organizations including their staff with diplomatic privileges and immunities.

Foreign currency purchased with authorized banks is generally allowed upon submission of the underlying international trade and investment. Corporates in Thailand can engage in derivatives transactions with authorized banks to hedge against foreign exchange risk provided that supporting documents indicating future foreign currency receipts or obligations are submitted.

Any person, who brings into or takes out of Thailand an aggregate amount of foreign currency exceeding USD 20,000 or its equivalent must declare to a customs officer.

2) Local Currency

There is no restriction on the amount of Thai Baht that may be brought into the country. A person travelling to Thailand's bordering countries including Vietnam is allowed to take out Thai Baht up to 500,000 Baht and to other countries up to 50,000 Baht respectively without authorization.

Greetings mate, you can bring in as much as you like.. over 20k us (equiv in any other currencies) needs to be declared that is all. On arrival after immigration stamps go to red channel at airport and say you want to declare money and they will make you fill out very simple form without any issues. They will want to see the money only to confirm that you are in fact bringing it in but show zero interest in it and don't count it. Most times you leave the room where filling out form without them scanning your luggage however make sure not over on alcohol or other bringing in as have had a couple of times where scanned luggage as you leave the room.smile.gif

Doesn't the OP need to check restrictions from the country he is exiting as well? There may be restrictions on how much cash he can take out of that country, assuming he doesn't want to file extra paperwork to get clearance. Clarifications appreciated.

Greetings mate, you can bring in as much as you like.. over 20k us (equiv in any other currencies) needs to be declared that is all. On arrival after immigration stamps go to red channel at airport and say you want to declare money and they will make you fill out very simple form without any issues. They will want to see the money only to confirm that you are in fact bringing it in but show zero interest in it and don't count it. Most times you leave the room where filling out form without them scanning your luggage however make sure not over on alcohol or other bringing in as have had a couple of times where scanned luggage as you leave the room.smile.gif

Andytime

That puts me at rest , someone whos done it before.good advice and thatnks