Cost To Run Cable For 3-Phase Conversion

chaihot

The quotes are in for the first part of our conversion to 3-phase.

Running 35mm cable from the meter box to the electric room. The total run is about 60 meters. Approximately 25 meters is underground. Includes 36-position load center and master breaker. This does not include moving circuits from existing load center to new load center. That is project #2.

Quote #1: 55,000baht labor only. I supply all materials. (recommended by builder with good reputation; but electrician wanted the job "off the clock").

Quote #2: 121,209baht. (inclusive)

Quote #3: 157,305baht (inclusive except no master breaker)

Quote #4: 162,000baht (inclusive)

I decided to stop requesting quotes as the price continued to increase. :)

Quote #3 is a man from a ThaiVisa post. Quotes 1, 2 and 4 were from other recommendations off board.

I assume you have gotten quote with broken down cost items and not just one lump sum price? That is what I would have asked for because one could get a better understanding what actually is offered by each contractor.

Just to offer for comparison.... I recently had a local guy run 25mm2 Al from the meter to the CU for single phase and which had 3 connections (ie: with the wrap around thingies from meter pole to my pole to the house at two places) for a total of 35m each of the two cables. He initially wanted 400 baht for the labor but after he (and his helper) finished in maybe 2-3 hours and did such a nice job I told the wifey to give them more. (mostly b/c it was something I didn't want to do and relieved to find somebody competent to do it.) She gave them 600 baht and they were very happy. The cable, connectors, anc pole were about 2000 baht total.

Cheers

I put 100 meters of NYY 4 core in a trench all the way from my transformer to the house. One of the workers dug the trench and the sparks terminated it at both ends and billed me 5000 baht

Although NYY is suitable for direct burial in hind site I should have bought HDPE pipe and a pull through and done it myself instead of putting blocks (cable tiles) over the filled trench.

Your quote should consist of the following.

1 Cost to dig and backfill trench.

2 Cable cost.

3 Conduit if not direct buried.

4 Cost of loadcentre (main switchboard)

5 Cost of Main Switch in this case an MCB standard frame.

Labour costs to install consumers mains and switchboard, connect and test.

PEA/MEA costs to connect and supply metering would be extra.

You will need to have a Max demand calculation so that the consumers mains size can be calculated first.

You should also know the labour rate costs per hour.

When quoting or estimating they must be to a common job specification otherwise you can not compare prices.

Normally the contractor who quote the lowest price will get the job.