Tv And Home Theater For Sale. Where In Chiang Mai Can I Go ?

aouziel

Hello,

i have a TV 50" LG and a Home theater Sony to sell but i dont know where in Chiang Mai i can bring it ?

Is there a store who buy goods for cash ? Do you know where in Chiang Mai i can find people who might be interested ?

Thank you

Alex

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Aouziel,

In our humble opinions, if you try to sell for cash at some local place, like those along the northern moat boundary road, Thanon Mani Noppharat, in the vicinity of the Chang Pluak gate, you'll get ridiculously low offers.

There's a weekly mailing list of "classifieds" sent out to many people : search this forum for "CMCC Classifieds" for detais: our guess is that would be the best place to advertise. You can submit an ad (Wednesday deadline) via e-mail to : [email protected]

good luck, ~o:37;

Please keep this thread to offering advice about where the OP can go to sell his items. Not for inquiries about the items, or, as per forum rules, i will need to close the thread. Use the pm function for anything else. Thanks.

Ill will add my offer to your classified section but keep this topic opened as i ll be able to find a way to sell it in Chiang Mai.

I am still looking for a place to go and sell my goods. In addition i ll buy a premium ad.

Thanks

There are many reasons why people sell stuff, but a common one is that they are moving on. Not sure of the posters reasons, but here's my take on shifting household goods for reasons of moving, as it still relates to expats selling large second-hand items.

The secret it that you have to allow plenty of time! The downside of this is that you may be without whatever creature comforts you're trying to flog well ahead of your actual departure. That's if you're lucky enough to find someone who wants what you have at the price you're selling, just shortly after advertising. However, bargains don't seem to fly as well in Thailand as they do in the west, where so many are looking out for a steal, hence the time thingy.

I've made this mistake in the past, thinking that certain items will be snapped up if offered at bargain prices. I soon found out that just because I thought gear would fly out of the door, it didn't mean it would. It just meant I thought it would!

A lot of people (expats) that I approached said they had neither need nor space for certain furniture, electronic, and electrical, items I was trying to shift a few years back. Actually, that's not totally correct. When I offered these same items for free, the replies were, 'Oh, well if you're giving it away, I'm sure we can find some space or use for it!" whatever 'it' happened to be.

So the moral of the above is this: If you want cash for anything, give it time, otherwise be prepared to give it away as gifts.

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch