Ms Word Problem - Help!

Rags

I am running Windows XP with MS Word 2003. A while ago I created a word document and added a "DRAFT" watermark in the background as follows:

FORMAT --> BACKGROUND --> PRINTED WATERMARK --> TEXT WATERMARK

I now want to remove this watermark, but the obvious route did not work:

FORMAT --> BACKGROUND --> PRINTED WATERMARK --> NO WATERMARK

To get around the problem I then tried to superimpose another "DRAFT" watermark on top, but this time making it white colour to match the paper and hide the grey draft beneath. This would have worked had the two pieces of text appeared in the same place, but they did not.... :o

I then tried "Copy All" and pasted it onto a new file, but this simply carried the annoying "DRAFT" mark with it. The file has a lot of formatting, tabs, numbering etc, so I am loathed to copy without the formatting.

Does anyone have any ideas.....?

Rags

Thanks for the link Slimdog.

I actually managed to solve the problem yesterday evening with the help of the Microsoft Support Forum. http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

A surprisingly helpful and responsive group!

If anyone else encounters a similar problem with removing a watermark, then the answer lies in the fact that the watermark is simply some word-art that is automatically inserted into the header & footer area. If the normal "No Watermark" approach doesn't work, then just open the header & footer for edit, select the watermark text and delete.......simple..... :o

Rags