15 Day Border Stamp For Everyone?

Excuse me if I'm not being a complete 100% moron here but what is a Mae Sot? The Mae Sai think I did hear about thru a friend about 7 years ago or more. He said that was some deal where a dude could cross a border into Myanmar (wft this Burma thing is yet another question I'm clueless about. My wife who lives in a place called kiri kan dont even know what this Burma thing is either). any help is appreciated. Is there a reason people go to this place? like to get some scam stamp or something cause they cant get a regualar normal visa? sorry to ask idiot questions but I really dont know. I only know bodia, Malaysia, singapore, Laos and such. After reading crazy news about this other "country" that pops up in the news, I never bothered to check into it think that maybe it's like afganistan or some such manure. thank you in advance to clear up my stupidity

dun really get what u'r trying to say. Mae Sot is at Western Thailand..about 2hrs bus ride from Ching Mai..If you'r foreigner, you shouldnt have problem crossing via land and get 15days. but if u'r holding myanmar passport, there is no way you can cross via land and get 15day.s

OK, thanks, looks like the consensus is no 15 day visa on arrival for Burmese citizens. Looks like a trip to Penang then. Anybody have any experience with Burmese nationals and tourist visas in Penang?