Kitten / Scratching Post

Anybody know where to buy a scratching post for a cat here in CM? I've been to at least 5 pet shops and they cater mostly for dogs!! :D

Cheers

Beanster1

:D

well Im not in CM, but if u can't find it indeed ,why you dont do it by yourself?

Here is a list of the supplies needed

One cedar post that is about 30" tall and at least 4" in diameter

A bundle of non-oiled sisal rope measuring a 1-2" wide

A piece of 3-4" plywood to make the base sturdy (at least 16 x 16 diameter)

A 1-2" roofing nail

Three 3/4" 16d coated sinker nails

DIRECTIONS:

Before beginning you will want to make sure your post is dry so that there will not be any shrinking of the post after the sisal is wrapped on. To make the post you might want to wear a pair of work gloves when you wrap the sisal around the post.

To start you will want to nail the beginning of your rope all the way around the top of the post. Then you wind the rope around and around and around the post very tightly so that there is no air space between the pieces of rope. This process will take you all th e way down to the bottom, once again nail the end of your rope all the way around the bottom of the post.

Next you will want to nail the base on to the post, use about four nails and pound them through the bottom of the plywood base and into the bottom of the post.

scratchpost2_th.jpg

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

Anybody know where to buy a scratching post for a cat here in CM? I've been to at least 5 pet shops and they cater mostly for dogs!! :D

Cheers

Beanster1

well Im not in CM, but if u can't find it indeed ,why you dont do it by yourself?

A 1-2" roofing nail

DIRECTIONS:

Before beginning you will want to make sure your post is dry so that there will not be any shrinking of the post after the sisal is wrapped on. To make the post you might want to wear a pair of work gloves when you wrap the sisal around the post.

To start you will want to nail the beginning of your rope all the way around the top of the post. Then you wind the rope around and around and around the post very tightly so that there is no air space between the pieces of rope. This process will take you all th e way down to the bottom, once again nail the end of your rope all the way around the bottom of the post.

Next you will want to nail the base on to the post, use about four nails and pound them through the bottom of the plywood base and into the bottom of the post.

scratchpost2_th.jpg

Can you get cedar posts in Thailand?

Cheers

Beanster1

A 1-2" roofing nail

DIRECTIONS:

scratchpost2_th.jpg

Thanks a lot Bambina. I was thinking that i would have to make one myself. Thanks for the instructions. It sounds like you have written your own book!! :D

Cheers

Beanster1

Hi All!

This is really premature from my point of view, but since the topic came up, here goes:

My (Thai) wife and I are planning to move to CM next year, September/October-ish. Our intention is to live there for nine months every year so we will obviously be bringing our cats (at present three of them, by then probably more). What about cat's supplies (other than scratching posts) such as litter sand, Royal Canin cat's feed, toys, grooming equipment etc. Are there any well stocked pet shops in CM, or indeed in Thailand?

I am only asking since the subject came up, will certainly be back with lots of newbie's questions closer to the actual day.

Regards / Priceless

Hi All!

What about cat's supplies (other than scratching posts) such as litter sand, Royal Canin cat's feed, toys, grooming equipment etc. Are there any well stocked pet shops in CM, or indeed in Thailand?

I am only asking since the subject came up, will certainly be back with lots of newbie's questions closer to the actual day.

Regards / Priceless

okay.. obviously im not in CM

What about cat's supplies (other than scratching posts) such as litter sand, Royal Canin cat's feed, toys, grooming equipment etc. Are there any well stocked pet shops in CM, or indeed in Thailand?

>> u can find em easily in CM , no doubt

Edited by BambinA