Flight

lime12

Hi all, application was submitted yesterday for 6 month tourist visa for my GF.. so fingers crossed.

In the mean time was wondering if anyone could recommend a good site for flights, I ususaly use Netflights.com but they dont seem to allow me to purchase a single ticket from Thailand to the UK.

I tried one or two other sites and they seemed ridiculously expensive?

Kohp kuhn krab

Thanks Kayak seems to do the job.

Although is it just me or are flights really expensive now?!

I got a flight in May, return on jet airways for £390.

Just looking to get a direct flight from BKK to London so the lady doesnt get confused having to change over and cheapest I can find is about £570 - one way!

Edited by lime12

Flights originating from Thailand are always more expensive, there are many theories but I really don't know why, and a one way ticket will always cost more pro rata.

Direct flights are always going to be more expensive as there are only four carriers that fly direct from BKK - LHR, Thai, BA, Qantas and Eva, most of the decent prices will come from the indirect carriers, and the stop over is not that arduous.

The best place to look for one way flights is the Thai papers, there are prices starting at a tad under 11,000 Baht, plus taxes and fuel surcharges, but you cannot book these on line. You could also try the travel agents that advertise on this forum, they are pretty good.

Don't forget that your girl friend could encounter a problem if you book a flight with a credit card and you are not travelling.

I presume that you are not going to book a flight until the the visa has been granted.

Remember that if she only has a visit visa and arrives at UK immigration without a return or onward ticket she may be questioned and be asked to show that she has the funds to purchase one.

I'm moving this to the travel forum where you may receive more replies.