Will Lumpini Night Bazar Move To Rachada?

ding

I can only think you mean Suan Lum Night Bazaar, the one across the road from Lumpini Park :) .

This topic is on both the general forum and the Bangkok one. I suggest using the search function in the top right with the term "Suan Lum Night Bazaar".

It's been rumored to be moving for the last several years now, but is still open every nite. The property owner (which will remain un-named <_< ) wants to build another convention center, shopping mall, hotel complex on the existing site. Evidently they believe there's a shortage of those here in Bangkok :o . .

FWIW: Suan Lum Night Bazaar is one of the best 'g-rated' attractions to go with friends, or take tourists to see at nite. They have a diverse product blend, great food court, covered seating for inclement weather, nice stage and often really good bands. :D

I'll be sad to see it go, if and when it does. :(

Here's a scan of a flyer which outlines where the 'new improved' Suan Lum will be;

post-26360-040097500 1280287837_thumb.jp

Looks like 18 stories, phases 1 and 2 at the intersection of Lad Prao and Rachada Phisek. The booths below the towers were to have deposits as of February this year? I bet the existing vendors were given first crack, IF there were deposits given. Can't imagine it will have the same feel. Thanks for the scan, that was great.

I did mean the Suan Lum Night Bazaar, thanks! Sometimes things get fuzzy in the translation/communication... okay my memory too.

I liked Suan Lum Night Bazaar okay for showing my step daughter non-mall shopping (skipping Pat Pong of course) -but never bought anything there myself. It will be missed, I bet. I couldn't get outa there fast enough. My boy liked to touch everything. Vendors were playful about it though.

I remember it as like MBK but hotter.