Phnom Phen Friendly For Tourist Visa Run?

What is the latest on getting tourist visa in Phnom Phen are they friendly these days if you already have a few visas from other places in the area?

What about double entry?

Any advice for a cheap clean guest house near the river?

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm in Pattaya and not sure if I should go to Vientienne or Phnom Phen.

Vientienne is easy as pie. Never a problem with documentation..Indeed they've never asked for anything other than a passport and a photo.

From what I understand Phnom Phen HAS started to do double entries...A mod here said in a thread a while back. But haven't really heard any reports of a standard 2x tourist visa run.

Anyway, I need to decide within the next 2 hours if I'm going to Laos or not..Visa finishes tomorrow.

Any opinions?

Edited by damian5000

Here's a relatively new thread. But no solid answer other than hearsay. This has come up several times, but yet to find someone among the 500,000 members here or whatever it is that has actually made the trip and reported back about difficulty or lack of difficulty getting the 2x (or even 1x) in Phnom Phen.

Edited by damian5000

'damian5000' timestamp='1280314199' post='3779406']

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm in Pattaya and not sure if I should go to Vientienne or Phnom Phen.

Vientienne is easy as pie. Never a problem with documentation..Indeed they've never asked for anything other than a passport and a photo.

From what I understand Phnom Phen HAS started to do double entries...A mod here said in a thread a while back. But haven't really heard any straight reports of a standard 2x tourist visa run.

Anyway, I need to decide within the next 2 hours if I'm going to Laos or not..Visa finishes tomorrow.

Any opinions?

Have no idea what you guys are talking about , if you fly in , Phnom Penh is the friendliest airport you will ever use , never seen baggage checked at customs as long as you fill out the form supplied on the plane , ask for a buisiness visa on the other form and you can renew at any travel agent for one month up to one year , just try to do that in Thailand . People are also friendly as heck , visitors are welcome so you get no hastle , English is spoken and UNDERSTOOD in many river-side establishments , even the book vendors can carry a conversation .

Have some cheap guest houses that are clean , do not have them to hand at this moment but will get back to you .

Hi,

we ARE going to Laos next month for a tourist visa...Me and my friend have 8 tourist in our passport and all them are from Malaysia.Our question is... will we get another tourist visa?

Have had numerous 2 month visa,s from Phnom Penh but only ever a single entry, lag time can be a problem for some , they require 3 FULL days, so if you lodge your application Monday morning you pick up your visa Friday arvo.

Its a nice place to while away a few days in anyway.

Paragon hotel on Riverside has rooms as low as $15 ,very clean with air ,cable tv and ensuite . Good coffee and brekky next door at the El Mondo.

Mate rang me last and said Bangkok Air is doing a special deal .....BKK to PP and return 4500 TBH.

Have no idea what you guys are talking about , if you fly in , Phnom Penh is the friendliest airport you will ever use , never seen baggage checked at customs as long as you fill out the form supplied on the plane , ask for a buisiness visa on the other form and you can renew at any travel agent for one month up to one year , just try to do that in Thailand . People are also friendly as heck , visitors are welcome so you get no hastle , English is spoken and UNDERSTOOD in many river-side establishments , even the book vendors can carry a conversation .

Have some cheap guest houses that are clean , do not have them to hand at this moment but will get back to you .

We mean going to PP for a Thai visa run. To get Thai visas from the Thai Embassy in Phnom Phen.

Have had numerous 2 month visa,s from Phnom Penh but only ever a single entry, lag time can be a problem for some , they require 3 FULL days, so if you lodge your application Monday morning you pick up your visa Friday arvo.

Paragon hotel on Riverside has rooms as low as $15 ,very clean with air ,cable tv and ensuite . Good coffee and brekky next door at the El Mondo.

Mate rang me last and said Bangkok Air is doing a special deal .....BKK to PP and return 4500 TBH.

Excellent. Thanks for the news. Probably if a single no problem, then a double no problem also. What kind of paperwork did they request? In Kunming, China it was hel_l.

To the guy who asked about getting another tourist visa. If you don't have a red stamp, it should be no problem.

Here's a relatively new thread. But no solid answer other than hearsay. This has come up several times, but yet to find someone among the 500,000 members here or whatever it is that has actually made the trip and reported back about difficulty or lack of difficulty getting the 2x (or even 1x) in Phnom Phen.

Unfortunately this thread ended back in May and there is a huge gap of information since that time...

• 1 year later...

What is the turnaround time if you use an agent and how much would an agent cost roughly. Arriving on the Monday the 26th of December so at the embassy on the 27th. Friday the 30th last day before it shuts for the new year holiday. Don't want to spend too long there as I'm with the wife and kids and we wanted to hit the beach in SNKV for a while and then go out through Koh Kong.