Anti-bigamy Strategy Proposed

george

Anti-bigamy strategy proposed

BANGKOK: -- The Senate committee on women, children and the elderly has proposed that the name and picture of every citizen’s spouse be printed on a smart ID card in order to prevent already married people from wedding again.

Chairman Wallop Tangkananurak, a senator from Bangkok, said yesterday the committee had received numerous complaints that husbands several had engaged in multiple marriages, which often led to inheritance disputes.

Wallop said that officials at the Provincial Administration Department of the Interior Ministry had confirmed that married men often registered double or even triple marriages by taking new brides at remote locations where official computer systems were not available to check their marital status. A few polygamous souls married even four times without a single divorce, Wallop added.

As a result of such practices, the committee has agreed to submit a proposal to Siwa Saengmanee, the directorgeneral of the Provincial Administration Department, to list a citizen’s marital status, complete with the name and perhaps photograph of spouse, on a smart ID card. “In case of divorce, one can apply for a new ID with the option of whether to indicate the divorce on his or her card,” Wallop said.

He added that a similar measure had already been put in place in Laos.

--The Nation 2005-07-06

Didn't know bigamy was such a problem here what with all the 'mia nois' available :o

I was going to ask if the Mia Noi had to be registered as well

and whether there is to be a limit there as well?

After all I need the sex to keep me young!!

TIT

Edited by astral

Didn't know bigamy was such a problem here what with all the 'mia nois' available :D

I was going to ask if the Mia Noi had to be registered as well

and whether there is to be a limit there as well?

After all I need the sex to keep me young!!

TIT

I can see Donald D smacking his lips as the wife opens hubbies billfold and sees three pictures on the ID card :o