Vientiane - Non-"O"S Followed By 2-Entry Tourist

I appreciate that it's largely dependant on the mood of the presiding official(s), however, your thoughts on this would be welcomed.

I've been staying in Thailand on Non-Imm "O"s (visiting family & friends) for the last few years. Before that I had a 2 entry Tourist visa.

My last "Admitted Until" stamp dictates that I leave Thailand on the 15 September - my "O" Visa has now expired.

The plan was to return to the UK, just before the 15th..... No problem.

However, my mum and brother (and his family) have booked flights to Thailand, arriving on the 1st October and leaving on the 21st October, and I would like to stay in Thailand until they leave.

My question is, with several non-imm "O" visas in my passport, am I likely to get a two entry Tourist Visa from Vientiane, to allow me to stay through to the end of October?

If I go to the consulate in Vientiane and am declined the Tourist Visa (baring in mind that I can't re-enter Thailand on my expired "O") am I pretty much guaranteed a 2 week visa on arrival at the friendship bridge?

As a last resort, the 2 weeks will allow me time to get a flight back to the UK before the 15th Sept.

Thanx.