For You What Is A ''Ridiculous Thread" ?

dom samui

Personally I usually find threads with the following common themes ridiculous;

I I'm about to marry some peasant bar girl from Whatdaphukaburi but she is different, she loves me for who I am even though......

a. She's a prostitute

b. She has 3 kids and wants 500,000 baht sin sot

c. She doesn't speak any other language than Thai (and I don't speak Thai)

d. I'm older than her grandfather

II The term "Farang" and the following tangents....

a. I think the term Farang is racist and I'm insulted when they call me one

b. How come I can't just be Khun (insert ignorant farang's name here)? I'll never be accepted as one of the family I'm forever the "farang"....*sob* *sob* *whimper*

III The Red shirts are just the down trodden poor, that have been done wrong, and I support them. (Enough Said)

IV How much should I give my GF monthly while I'm away?

V How much Sin Sot should I pay?

Edited by Huey

agree with Huey.

The answer is Yes you should marry your hi-so Chinese-Thai girl from a village you met in a Pattaya bar where she is completing her Masters degree, and pay her millions of sin-sod. She obviously loves you. Case closed.

I avoid anything to do that starts with 'why don't Thai . . . ', "why can't Thai ....' anything relationship or race-related.

They may start with good intent but very soon deteriorate to the same old garbage printed here ad nauseum. Do the OPs ever actually learn anything from these inane discussions?

Personally I feel the quality/interest level of this forum has deteriorated in past 6 months. I am not a huge contributor admittedly, but I look at 'new content' with despair sometimes, and it's on to other sites.

Yes .... the silly Red v Yellow pointless arguments where neither party will ever change their viewpoint.

But on a positive note .... the quality of the posts in the motor forums are usually excellent with helpful info and tips. I learnt a lot about buying and riding a bike in Thailand from this forum.

I I'm about to marry some peasant bar girl from Whatdaphukaburi but she is different, she loves me for who I am even though......

a. She's a prostitute

b. How come I can't just be Khun (insert ignorant farang's name here)? I'll never be accepted as one of the family I'm forever the "farang"....*sob* *sob* *whimper*

III The Red shirts are just the down trodden poor, that have been done wrong, and I support them. (Enough Said)

You missed, the very silly racist FARANG Bangkokonians that talk crap

Edited by somtampet

agree with Huey.

The answer is Yes you should marry your hi-so Chinese-Thai girl from a village you met in a Pattaya bar where she is completing her Masters degree, and pay her millions of sin-sod. She obviously loves you. Case closed.

I avoid anything to do that starts with 'why don't Thai . . . ', "why can't Thai ....' anything relationship or race-related.

They may start with good intent but very soon deteriorate to the same old garbage printed here ad nauseum. Do the OPs ever actually learn anything from these inane discussions?

Personally I feel the quality/interest level of this forum has deteriorated in past 6 months. I am not a huge contributor admittedly, but I look at 'new content' with despair sometimes, and it's on to other sites.

Totaly agree,and i dont post new threads on this forum,as i find it to be old school and full of nepatism.The object of this forum is too make as much money as possible from advertisement/sponsors,which is no problem for me but the quality has gone down bank like a lead balloon.

agree with Huey.

Totaly agree,and i dont post new threads on this forum,as i find it to be old school and full of nepatism.The object of this forum is too make as much money as possible from advertisement/sponsors,which is no problem for me but the quality has gone down bank like a lead balloon.

BUT it's the people like yourself that make the forum, the only difference to other forums is how the Mods work.

As for ads, l have never read one on Tv, except a motoring one cos of a topic, ( but l won't go there :whistling: ).

That is why i post on other forums as i find the people far more approachable and helpful.On here i find that me and some friends,find it so hard to make friends and relax in conversation.I come on here instead of reading the local thai papers,but the quality of nice people is very low,many showoffs on here.

a. She's a prostitute

threads were the op has started a topic claiming that hes going to quit talking crap about people who live in bangkok.

ring any bells somtampet. whistling.gif

maybe i should visit the pattaya forum a little bit more and ruffle a few feathers, should be good for a laugh. wink.gif

also threads were even though the topic is quite clearly stated in the op, posters go off on their own tangent, dont read the post properly and then talk utter bs. a bit like whats happening in my own thread at the moment.

they still dont get it even when its written in black and white. rolleyes.gif

Ridiculous thread?

One with ridiculous responses to ridiculous posts.........

`One with ridiculous responses` would be my answer. Some VERY silly replies to threads here when people are looking for serious and important (to them) answers and opinions. I`ve tried to start serious threads.....some worked but one particular one was taken over by a <deleted> on post No 2, and never recovered (the rest of the dickheads jumped in).

A forum for dickheads would be an idea but how do you run it?

Shug

Any thread that talks bucking follocks.

So that's 90% of this forum wiped out. ;)

If you don't like the thread don't visit it, don't reply to it. If you intensely dislike a television program do you watch it?

For some, it seems, the answer is yes.

I don't know about ridiculous, as others have suggested anything can be ridiculed and some members here take great delight in doing so. What does annoy me though is when someone starts what should or could be a debate and two or three people take it off into some odd tangent about their pre-conceived ideas that a) won't change anyway B ) are nothing to do with the OP and c) bore everyone else shitless and prevent the OP from developing into a decent informative read.

There are many good threads on this forum and it has helped me in many ways, but some threads are just nonsense, not perhaps in the beginning but they rapidly descend into childish bickering.

When as a thread starts out you get the "oh no this has been done to death" or " try the search button" posts

Then later in the thread those very same people return and participate.........

That has got to be the most ridiculous thing ever..................................but it occurs!!!!

one example a currently running topic......

2nd post "not again, god help us all"..........same poster currently 24 posts on that topic......

Edited by 473geo

I don't know that there's a definitive answer. When it comes to mind food, sometimes a decent meal can be had in the most unexpected threads. Same goes for entertainment. Who needs television when there's TV?

When as a thread starts out you get the "oh no this has been done to death" or " try the search button" posts

Then later in the thread those very same people return and participate.........

That has got to be the most ridiculous thing ever..................................but it occurs!!!!

one example a currently running topic......

2nd post "not again, god help us all"..........same poster currently 24 posts on that topic......

Jingthing?

...the ongoing and predictable redundancies. Done to death.:blink:

Agreed . . . . though some of us should really get out some more and have some real interaction; not sit behind a keyboard and find it too meaningful.

EDIT: and that includes yours truly blink.gif

Edited by Valdezugar

a. She's a prostitute

threads were the op has started a topic claiming that hes going to quit talking crap about people who live in bangkok.

maybe i should visit the pattaya forum a little bit more and ruffle a few feathers, should be good for a laugh. wink.gif

also threads were even though the topic is quite clearly stated in the op, posters go off on their own tangent, dont read the post properly and then talk utter bs. a bit like whats happening in my own thread at the moment.

You started talking crap i just responded with truth lol

Edited by somtampet

a. She's a prostitute

You started talking crap i just responded with truth lol

o.k. in that case, touche!

is there any wonder why the likes of people like you end up in pattaya. whistling.gif

my sincere condolences to the rest of the community.

Edited by tigerfish