Best Video Game Ever

kevozman1

For me the best game I have ever played is Final Fantasy VII. All time classic with

addictive gameplay and epic story. Have to say Zelda Ocarina Of Time comes a

close second in my list and just followed by Metal Gear Solid.

So what games do you guys rate tops.

• Like 1

As an avid gamer, it's really way too difficult for me to pick out one, single game.

Maybe Okami for PS2?

Very tricky to name a single game but my all time faves include:

Atari 2600:

Space Invaders

Asteroids

BBC Micro:

Chuckie Egg

Elite

Spectrum:

Jet Set Willy

Head Over Heels

Atari ST and Amiga:

Driller

Lemmings

Stunt Car Racer

Dungeon Master

Snes:

Zelda:Link to The Past

N64:

Zelda Ocarina

Mario 64

PSX:

Ridge racer

PS2:

Ratchet and Clank series

Xbox:

Halo 2

PC, 360 and PS3 all still making better games so the best is yet to come for these systems

My god - I have been an avid gamer since Christmas 1980 when I got the Atari for Christmas

^Yeah I go back to 87 on the old Amstrad.

Gotta say some of the games you listed I would not

personally call classics but see if these games bring

back any good memories.

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Mario Cart

Command & Conquer Red Alert

Dungeon Keeper

Warhammer Dark Omen

Goldeneye 007

Zelda Ocarina Of Time

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy 7,8 & 10

Grand Theft Auto 3

Midnight Club 3

Probably some more I have missed. Just thinking last couple of

years the video gaming industry has not been knocking out too many

classics.............. maybe the reason for my reminiscing.

Edited by kevozman1

• 1 month later...

Although I also played a lot of C64 and Amiga games like Civilization and Geoff Hammond's Grand Prix and GTA 1 , the first games that really amazed and enthralled me were GTA 3, Gran Turismo 1, Half Life (+Counterstrike), Command & Conquer and Need For Speed 1.

Though within the last 5 years I would also give praise to games such as Modern Warfare, Battlefield 2, and the latest GTA. All of which have further pushed the boundaries with respect to the whole package of features every good game should encompass.

There are definately a few others that I can't think of right now though

If there had to be a number 1, it would be Gran Turismo though B)

Edited by benavenell

Personally it was GTA : San Andreas for me. Not the actual missions, but just toddling around on a bike, taking photos, enjoying the game world. But these would be up there as well-

Ocarina of Time

Rebel Star (that classic Spectrum title)

Harvest Moon

Dead Rising

Gradius III

The Parodius series (Japanese shmup thing)

Earthbound

Dragon Quest IV

Goldeneye

Sword of Fargoal

Elite would be up there but I could never dock in the dam_n station, and couldn't afford a docking computer.

Anything by R* games as well though- the GTA series, Manhunt, Bully, The Warriors, Red Dead Redemption... all great games.

• 1 month later...

I think this topic has been covered a few times, but it's always a good subject to talk about. I think my favourite has to be GTA: San Andreas. There are those that like to knock these games but I think you really need to play them to realise how great they are. There is also a school of thought that only consider games from 20 years plus as classics. I've lost my enthusiasm recently and was very disappointed with GTA IV.

• 3 months later...

GTA: San Andreas if I had to choose one. It was so much fun, especially in comparison to GTA IV. Other memorable games are:

Batman:Arkham Asylum

Bully

Shadow Of The Colosssus

Manhunt

Monkey Island

NBA Jam

Super Mario Kart

Street Fighter 2

Super Mario World

Jet Set Willy

This year, I'm really looking forward to The Last Guardian and LA Noire as they both look amazing and come from great developers with a history of fantastic games

My first computer was a Commodore 64 - though I had access to a ZX81 and a Commodore Pet for a couple of years prior. Also had the original Atari console (later renamed 2600).

If I think of the game that I have played more than any other - either iteratively of in amassed hours, it has to be Civ II - Had all the Civ's (except Alpha Centuri) 1 through 5, and played a lot of IV and now V, but IU think I played Civ 2 for days at a time straight (shift work back then - 3 days on three days off :D).

By machine:

ZX81: 3D Monster Maze

Pet: <No games>

Vic 20: Impossible Mission

BBC Model A and B: Elite (No question - only game worth playing on the BBC and it was truley AWSOME for its day!)

CBM 64: Raid over moscow (loved this game!)

Amiga: Dragons Lair 2

CBC464: <Can't remember>

PC: CIv 2/3/5 or Dragon Age Origin or Oblivion (though it gave me a serious headache on a very hires screen (graphics work terminal screen :D) or Baulders Gate 2 or Netherwinters Night 2

...and relax

//Edit: Forgot poor old Acorn //

Edited by wolf5370

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Original Warcraft and Diablo games, whilst not everyone's favorite genre they certainly were excellent games for their day and still are going strong (several versions/incarnations later)

Elite was defiantly an awesome game for its time and simply has to have its (rightful) place in the hall of classics

I can't choose one...

Populous

Sim City

Civ

Elite (Atari's space trading game)

Test Drive (Atari ST)

Kick off (Atari ST)

Golden Eye 007

Rainbow Six 3 (Original Xbox)

Ghost Recon & GR2 (Original Xbox)

Battlefield 2

If I had to choose one of these.... well its a toss up between Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six 3 (the originals) apart from the glitches I had the most fun playing this game, a great community playing via system link tunnelling software made by Team Xlink Kai. Ubi hasn't been able to recapture the magic with their latest iterations of these.. so if I had to choose.. it'd be Rainbow Six, for gameplay and the community.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xcom or Ufo:enemy unknown...still never had any remake that would measure up to this, for gameplay.

Oh i forgot about that one - an awesome series (the earlier games were the best!) I remember hacking the save game files to give my soldiers silly stats making them one-shot killers who took a beating before they died... even with that unfair advantage the game was still difficult and time consuming to complete!

Thanks for reminding me, fond memories of those games!

• 4 weeks later...